1. Four Big Ten teams (Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State and Wisconsin) boast clean home slates this season to rank second amongst all Division I conferences in the nation.
2. Michigan's Manny Harris is just seven rebounds away from becoming just the 27th Wolverine to join the exclusive 1,000 point/500 rebound club. He currently has 1,451 points and 493 rebounds. Teammate DeShawn Sims is also part of the exclusive listing with 1,358 points and 623 rebounds.
3. Michigan State's Draymond Green is proving to be one of the nation's premier sixth men, coming off the bench in 15 of 18 games. The Spartan sophomore is averaging a team-best, 7.8 rebounds per game, recording double-figures off the glass in five games. He also ranks first on the team in steals (29), second in blocks (15), field-goal percentage (.602) and scoring (10.9 ppg), and third in assists (3.2 apg). Despite coming off the bench in a majority of the contests, he ranks third on the squad in minutes per game (24.9 mpg).
4. Wisconsin's Bo Ryan will try to become just the 18th head coach in conference history with 100 Big Ten wins when the Badgers welcome Penn State to Madison this Sunday. The UW head general is poised to tie Indiana coaching legend Branch McCraken (100-40) as the second-fastest to coach to post 100 W's in conference action. The Badgers are 11 -0 at the Kohl Center this season and are riding a 16-game home winning streak overall.
5. Big Ten Basketball Fans - March is on. Help Paint Indianapolis your school colors this March! For the first time the Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament will feature a special discounted rate of $50 for all-session tickets available only to students. January 31st is the deadline to guarantee seats in your school's respective ticket blocks. Call your favorite Big Ten School's ticket office to secure your seats today. Act fast and make sure to order your tickets before they sell-out. Look here for more information.