Eleven Big Ten Conference women's soccer players were named to the Top Drawer Soccer Women's National Top 100, which was unveiled on topdrawersoccer.com from Aug. 1-5. The top-ranked individual student-athlete was Illinois midfielder Vanessa DiBernardo, who was tabbed the nation's No. 3 player. DiBernardo was named to the All-Big Ten first team during her junior campaign in 2012.
Penn State, the Big Ten's defending regular season champion, had a conference-high five players earn top-100 recognition: No. 6 Maya Hayes (First Team All-Big Ten forward in 2012), No. 13 Whitney Church (All-Big Ten first team defender last season), No. 58 Mallory Weber (2012 All-Freshman Team), No. 77 Taylor Schram and No. 86 Raquel Rodriguez (Second Team All-Big Ten midfielder in 2012).
Also garnering recognition were Michigan's Nkem Ezurike (No. 21), Holly Hein (No. 65) and Shelina Zadorsky (No. 78), Danica Wu from Ohio State (No. 39) and Iowa's Cloe Lacasse (No. 73).
Top Drawer Soccer Women's National Top 100 (Big Ten Conference)
3. Vanessa DiBernardo, Midfielder (Illinois)
6. Maya Hayes, Forward (Penn State)
13. Whitney Church, Defender (Penn State)
21. Nkem Ezurike, Forward (Michigan)
39. Danica Wu, Midfielder (Ohio State)
58. Mallory Weber, Forward (Penn State)
65. Holly Hein, Midfielder (Michigan)
73. Cloe Lacasse, Forward (Iowa)
77. Taylor Schram, Forward (Penn State)
78. Shelina Zadorsky, Defender (Michigan)
86. Raquel Rodriguez, Forward (Penn State)