Feb. 28, 2018
- Iowa is now 16-18 in the Big Ten Basketball Tournament. This is the first time that they have been seeded at No. 12 in the tournament (1-0).
- Iowa is now 9-7 when playing as the higher seed in the tournament. The No. 12 seed is now 3-6 in the tournament.
- Iowa improves to 2-1 against Illinois in the tournament.
- Iowa is 1-1 against No. 13 seeds in the tournament.
- With 61 points in the second half, Iowa has scored 50+ points in the second half for the fifth time in the last nine games and a total of eight times this season. This is the second time Iowa has scored more than 60 points in the second half.
- Iowa outrebounded Illinois, 40-20.
- Iowa had three players score in double figures for the 11th time this season.
- Jordan Bohannon scored 25 points, his 21st game of the season and 38th of his career in double figures.
- Bohannon's 25 points give him his eighth game of the season and 20th of his career with 20+ points. Bohannon has made 5+ 3-point field goals in nine games this season.
- Luka Garza scored 20 points, his 18th game of the season and of his career scoring in double figures. This is his fourth game of his career with 20+ points.
- Illinois is now 27-19 at the Big Ten Basketball Tournament all-time. The Fighting Illiini are now 0-1 as a No. 13 seed.
- The team is now 15-6 when playing in the opening game of the tournament.
- Illinois is 0-1 against No. 12 seeds in the Big Ten Basketball Tournament.
- The team tied their tournament-high 14 made 3-point field goals.
- Illinois had four players score in double digits for the 10th time of the season.
- Kipper Nichols set career highs in points (31), field goals made (10), field goals attempted (8), 3-point field goals (5), and 3-point field goals attempted (9).
- Nichols' 31 points is an Illinois Big Ten Tournament high (29, Luther Head vs. Indiana, 3/14/04). This is his third game of the season and of his career with 20+ points. It is his 15th double-figure game of the season and 17th of his career, as well as his first 30+ point game of his career.
- Michael Finke scored 13 points, his 13th game this season and 34th of his career scoring in double-digits.
- Te'Jon Lucas scored 12 points, his 5th game of the season and 11th of his career scoring in double figures. Lucas also dished a career-high eight assists in the contest.