March 1, 2018
- Wisconsin is now 24-17 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
- This is the first time that the Badgers have been the No. 9 seed in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Wisconsin recorded nine steals while Maryland did not record a single one against the Badgers.
- No. 9 seeds are now 9-20 in Big Ten Tournament history.
- Ethan Happ scored 14 points to reach double figures for the 23rd consecutive game and the 30th time this season.
- Brad Davison scored 13 points in the contest, marking his 21st game of the season scoring in double figures.
- Wisconsin improves to 5-2 in its last seven contests, including 4-1 in its last five games.
- Friday’s quarterfinal matchup with Michigan State will mark the teams’ second meeting in five days. The Spartans defeated the Badgers 68-63 in Madison on Feb. 25.
- Maryland is now 2-4 in the Big Ten Tournament.
- No. 8 seeds are now 19-19 in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Kevin Huerter, Anthony Cowan Jr., and Bruno Fernando combined for 48 of Maryland’s 54 points.
- Kevin Huerter’s game-high 20 points marked his fourth game this season with 20+ points.
- Anthony Cowan Jr. scored 16 points, his 30th game this season and 47th of his career scoring in double figures.
- Bruno Fernando scored 12 points, his 15th game of the season scoring in double figures.
- Fernando recorded a game-high nine rebounds.