March 1, 2018
- Rutgers is now 3-3 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and has reached the quarterfinals for the first time.
- This is the first time that the Scarlet Knights and Hoosiers have met in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Teams seeded No. 14 in the tournament are now 2-3 all-time. This marks the first time that a No. 14 seed has reached the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament.
- The last time Rutgers made it to the third round/third day of a conference tournament was 1998 when they were a part of the Big East as a No. 12 seed.
- Rutgers went on a 17-2 run over 5:29 to end the first half and take a one-point lead over Indiana going into halftime (29-28).
- Corey Sanders (28), Geo Baker (15), and Deshawn Freeman (15) all scored in double figures. Freeman and Sanders have scored in double figures in both games that they have played in the 2017-18 tournament.
- Sanders has scored 20 or more points in both games that Rutgers has played in the 2017-18 tournament. He has scored in double figures in four games of his career in the tournament. He has 51 points in the 2018 tournament and ¬¬¬¬¬¬105 points in his five career games at the tournament.
- Indiana is now 12-21 in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Indiana is 3-3 when seeded No. 6 in the Big Ten Tournament. No. 6 seeds are now 30-19 all-time in the tournament.
- The Hoosiers are now 0-1 against No. 14 seeds in the tournament.
- Indiana opened the game on an 8-0 run, denying the Scarlet Knights a single basket for the first 4:36 in the contest.
- Aljami Durham (10), Robert Johnson (12), and Juwan Morgan (15) all scored in double figures.
- All 10 of Durham’s points came from the free throw line (10-10). He is currently tied for No. 1 in Big Ten Tournament single-game history with a free throw percentage of 1.000. His 10 made free throws are a career-high.