March 2, 2018
- Michigan State is 29-15 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Spartans are now 8-2 when seeded No. 1 in the tournament and top- seeded teams are now 34-12 in tournament play.
- Michigan State improves to 5-4 against Wisconsin in the tournament.
- Michigan closed the first half on an 8-0 run to take a four-point lead into the second half.
- At the 8:48 mark of the second half, Michigan State went on a 7-0 run to take the lead for the rest of the game.
- Miles Bridges (20) and Cassius Winston (17) scored in double figures in the contest. Bridges has scored 10+ points in all three tournament games of his career. This is Winston’s first double-digit scoring tournament game.
- Bridges’ 20+ point performance marks his second tournament contest scoring 20+ points. He has tied his tournament single-game career-high with 20. He now has 55 career total points in tournament games.
- Wisconsin is now 24-18 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Badgers are now 1-1 when seeded No. 9 in the tournament and No. 9 seeds are now 9-21 in the tournament all-time.
- Wisconsin is now 2-5 all-time against the No. 1 seed in the tournament.
- Wisconsin went on a 10-0 run over 3:28 to take a 42-38 lead in the second half.
- Khalil Iverson (10), Brad Davison (10), and Ethan Happ (22) scored in double figures in both of Wisconsin’s games this tournament.
- Happ recorded a tournament single-game career-high with 22 points. Happ scored in double figures in every Big Ten Tournament game that he has played in. He has 97 total points in tournament games in his career.