March 2, 2018
- Through 10 games of the 2018 Big Ten Tournament, eight games have been decided by single digits and the average margin of victory is just 7.6 points.
- Purdue returns to the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament for the first time since 2016, the third time in the last four years and the seventh time overall.
- This was the first meeting between Purdue and Rutgers in the tournament.
- Purdue is now 13-19 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Purdue improves to 6-2 as the No. 3 seed in the tournament.
- The Boilermakers are now 7-7 in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
- The team tied its tournament single-game high of 13 made 3-point field goals in the contest. This ties the second-most in tournament history, trailing only Illinois’ 14 made 3-pointers in 2016.
- Vincent Edwards (26), Isaac Haas (12), and Carsen Edwards (26) scored in double figures in the contest.
- Vincent Edwards and Carsen Edwards each recorded a career tournament single-game high for points in the contest.
- Haas recorded the second double-double of the tournament with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Carsen Edwards and Haas are the only returning players who started for the first time in their tournament career in the contest.
- Rutgers is now 3-4 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Teams seeded No. 14 in the tournament are now 2-4 all-time.
- Rutgers is now 0-1 in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
- The Rutgers bench outscored Purdue’s bench 35-3.
- Geo Baker (25) and Corey Sanders (23) scored in double figures in the contest.
- Sanders leads the 2018 tournament in total points with 74.
- Coming off the bench, Baker scored 25 points, a career tournament single-game high.
- Deshawn Freeman leads the 2018 tournament in rebounds with 23 total.