March 8, 2012
- Iowa is 1-1 as a No. 8 seed, 5-5 in first round games and 14-12 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Iowa won its first Big Ten Tournament game since 2007. The Hawkeyes had previously lost five straight games.
- Iowa leads the Big Ten Tournament game series with Illinois 1-0.
- Iowa is 8-6 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Iowa is 3-13 when trailing at the half.
- Iowa, which trailed 31-27 at halftime, went on an 18-4 run from 14:14 to 9:42 in the second half.
- Aaron White tied his career high with three steals.
- Matt Gatens' game-high 20 points gave him 1,611 career tallies to place him in a tie for sixth with Jess Settles on Iowa's all-time scoring list.
- Gatens' one steal gave him 140 steals in his career, which moved him past James Moses for 12th all-time at Iowa.
- Illinois is 0-1 as a No. 9 seed, 3-1 in opening round games and 23-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The loss snapped Illinois' seven-game winning streak against Iowa.
- Illinois is 7-7 in games decided by five points or less this season.
- The Illini are 8-8 overall in Big Ten Tournament games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Illinois attempted zero free throws in a game for the first time this year.
- The Illini fell for the first time when leading at halftime (31-27) and are now 12-1 this season when holding the halftime advantage.
- Meyers Leonard recorded the best field goal percentage by an Illini player and tied the third-best mark by a Big Ten player in a Big Ten Tournament game, connecting on 9-of-11 (.818) from the field. He broke the previous Illinois record of 8-of-10 (.800) held by Jarrod Gee (3/6/98) and Mike Tisdale (3/13/10).