March 8, 2012
- Indiana is 2-2 as the No. 5 seed, 4-3 in first round games and 9-14 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Indiana is 2-2 all-time against Penn State in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Indiana won its first Big Ten Tournament game since 2006 after previously losing five straight games.
- Jordan Hulls and Cody Zeller combined to score Indiana's first 22 points. Hulls scored 13 and Zeller scored nine in the first 13:22 of the first half.
- Hull's four 3-point field goals tied Verdell Jones III (3/12/09) and A.J. Guyton (3/5/98, 3/5/99) for the most ever by an Indiana player in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Christian Watford and Cody Zeller each recorded their fourth double-double of the season. Watford had 14 points and 10 rebounds. Zeller had 19 points and 10 rebounds. This is the first game this season where two Indiana players have both recorded a double-double in the same game.
- Victor Oladipo's 10 rebounds is a career high.
- Zeller's 11 free throws are the most free throws made by and Indiana player in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Zeller's 15 free throw attempts is a career high and are the most attempts by an Indiana player in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Watford's 10 free throw attempts and makes are a season high. Watford was 10-10 from the free throw line which is tied with Kyle Galloway (11-11) for the best free throw percentage in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Indiana's 45 rebounds tied its season high and are tied for the eighth most rebounds in a Big Ten Tournament game with Illinois (3/12/05, 3/13/10).
Penn State Notes
- Penn State is 5-10 in first round games and 9-15 all-time in Big Ten Tournament contests.
- PSU is 2-2 all-time vs. Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament and 0-3 against the Hoosiers this season.
- Penn State played as the first-ever 12 seed in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Tim Frazier tied the school record for most points (26) by a PSU player in a Big Ten Tournament game and notched his Big Ten leading 17th 20-point game this season. He equaled Gyasi Cline-Heard's mark of 26 points from 2001.
- Frazier's 24 field- goal attempts matched Minnesota's Vincent Grier (3/10/06) for the second-most by a Big Ten player in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Frazier scored 19 of his game-high 26 points in the first half, hitting 7-of-14 from the field in the first frame and only 2-of-10 in the second half.
- Frazier's five steals are the most by a PSU player and tied for the fourth-most by a Big Ten player in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Penn State tallied a season-high eight blocks, led by a career-high three from Ross Travis.
Session I Notes
- Thursday's Session I attendance of 17,936 is the Big Ten Tournament's highest Session I attendance since 2005.