March 8, 2012
Box Score |
- Minnesota is 3-3 as a No. 10 seed, 8-6 in first round games and 11-12 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Gophers are 4-2 all-time against Northwestern in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Minnesota is 2-0 in overtime in the Big Ten Tournament. Minnesota won its other overtime game against Michigan State 72-67 in the 2010 Big Ten Tournament.
- Minnesota is 2-2 in overtime this year.
- Andre Hollins scored 16 of Minnesota's first 21 points in the opening 11:46 of the first half.
- Elliott Eliason's 10 rebounds marked a career high.
- Andre Hollins had career highs in points (25), field-goals (10), field-goal attempts (17), three-point field-goals (5), and three-point field-goal attempts (10).
- Andre Hollins' five three-point field-goals tied Quincy Lewis (3/7/98) and Kerwin Fleming (3/8/01) for most by a Minnesota player in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Austin Hollins' seven rebounds were a career high.
- Minnesota tied the fifth-most three-point field goals made (11) in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Northwestern dropped an overtime contest in the Big Ten Tournament for the second time in a row after also falling to Ohio State, 67-61, in the quarterfinals of the 2011 tournament.
- NU is 0-2 all-time in Big Ten Tournament overtime games and 0-3 in overtime this season, with its other two extra period losses both coming to Michigan.
- Northwestern is 6-15 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, 5-2 when playing as the higher seed and 3-9 in games played in Indianapolis.
- NU is 2-3 vs. Minnesota in the Big Ten Tournament and 1-3 overall as the No. 7 seed. In total, the No. 7 seed is 7-8 in 15 first round games.
- The Wildcats set a school record for most points scored in the first half of a Big Ten Tournament game with 36.
- Northwestern tied the fifth-most three-point field goals made (11) in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- JerShon Cobb turned in a career-high 24 points after shooting 8-of-12 from the field, including hitting all five of his first half shots. He led the Wildcats in scoring for the first time this season.
- John Shurna, who had his 16th 20-plus point game of the year, also tied Kevin Rankin for the most career blocked shots in school history with 133 after having two blocks vs. Minnesota.
- It is the seventh time in the tournament's history a game has gone into overtime. The higher seeded team has a 2-5 record in OT games.
- The 22 combined made three-pointers were the most in a Big Ten Tournament game, as both Minnesota and Northwestern hit 11 from distance.