March 8, 2012
Box Score |
- Purdue reached the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament for the sixth-straight season and won its first-ever game as a No. 6 seed.
- The Boilermakers are 9-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 8-2 overall vs. Nebraska.
- Trailing 12-10 in the first half, Purdue went on a 15-0 run from 12:55 to 7:16 to grab a 25-12 advantage and never gave up the lead for the remainder of the contest.
- Purdue recorded a school record for three-pointers in a Big Ten Tournament game and tied the all-time mark by a Big Ten squad with 13. Minnesota (3/8/01), Illinois (3/8/02) and Michigan (3/7/98) also drained 13 threes in a Big Ten Tournament contest.
- The Boilermakers turned in their third-best shooting performance in a Big Ten Tournament game, connecting on 28-of-50 (.560) from the field.
- Anthony Johnson set a career high for points with a team-best 17, eclipsing his previous top mark of 13, and pulled down a personal-best six rebounds. He also equaled a career-best four assists.
- Terone Johnson matched a career high with six assists.
- Nebraska is 0-1 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Nebraska is 2-8 all-time against Purdue.
- Nebraska is 4-14 when trailing at halftime.
- Bo Spencer, who notched a game-high 22 points on Thursday night, has scored in double figures in 23 games this year.
- Toney McCray, who finished with eight rebounds against Purdue, led Nebraska in rebounding for the seventh time this year.
- Attendance for Session II was 17,257.