March 9, 2012
Box Score |
Michigan State Notes
- Michigan State, which reaches the semifinals for the fourth time in the past five seasons, is 16-12 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 5-2 as the top seed.
- In Big Ten Tournament games, MSU is 3-2 vs. Iowa, 6-2 in the quarterfinals and 8-7 in Indianapolis.
- Michigan State tied the fifth-most points scored by a Big Ten squad and broke the school record for most points in a Big Ten Tournament game with 92, surpassing the old mark of 76 (vs. Illinois, 3/12/00).
- MSU recorded the most field goals (32), tied the most three-pointers (8) and matched the second-most blocks (8) by a Spartan squad in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Michigan State shot 32-of-55 (.582) from the field, which ranks as the eighth-best shooting performance by a Big Ten team and second-best by a Spartan squad in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- The Spartans improved to 21-1 when leading at the half after scoring 55 points and shooting 70 percent (21-of-30) in the opening stanza.
- Draymond Green notched his Big Ten leading 18th double-double, finishing with a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds to go along with five assists. It was his sixth 20-point, 10-rebound and 5-assist game, the most by a Division I player this season.
- Adreian Payne set a career high with 16 points, bettering his previous mark of 15.
- With the score tied at 22 with 11:14 left in the first half, MSU went on a 24-7 run over the next 6:43 and held on to a double-digit advantage for the remainder of the contest.
- Iowa is 1-2 as a No. 8 seed, 4-6 in quarterfinal games, and 14-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Iowa is 2-3 all-time against Michigan State in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Iowa is 3-14 when trailing at the half.
- Michigan State's 55 first half points are the most points Iowa has allowed in the first half this season.
- Michigan State's 92 points are the most points Iowa has allowed in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Josh Oglesby, who scored a team-high 20 points, tied the fifth best 3-point field goal percentage in a Big Ten Tournament game, connecting on 5-of-7 (.714) from 3-point range.
- Oglesby's .778 field-goal percentage is a career high. He was 7-of-9 from the field.