March 9, 2012
Box Score |
- Michigan, which reaches the semifinals for the second year in a row, is 1-0 in Big Ten Tournament overtime games and 8-12 all-time in the tournament.
- UM becomes the first higher seed other than Ohio State, which did it twice, to win in overtime in the Big Ten Tournament. The higher seeded team has a 3-5 record in overtime games.
- The Wolverines have won their last six tournament debuts and captured their first victory as a No. 2 seed.
- In the Big Ten Tournament, Michigan is 2-1 vs. Minnesota, 3-6 in the quarterfinals and 7-7 in Indianapolis.
- UM, which twice beat Northwestern in extra time, is 3-0 in overtime games and 8-0 when wearing white jerseys this season.
- Michigan scored its fewest points in the first half (20) and won for just the third time when trailing at halftime (3-8) this season.
- Trey Burke scored a career-high 30 points, tying the seventh-most points in a Big Ten Tournament game and setting a Michigan record. DeShawn Sims held the previous top spot with 27 (3/12/09).
- Burke also turned in the best shooting performance by a Wolverine in the Big Ten Tournament, hitting 11-of-14 (.786) from the field, which is 10th-best on the all-time Big Ten list.
- Burke's 11 field goals were a career high and matched the fourth-most made all-time in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Head coach John Beilein has never lost the first game at the Big Ten Tournament and has a 5-4 all-time record.
- Minnesota is 3-4 as a No. 10 seed, 4-5 in the quarterfinals, and 11-13 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Minnesota is 1-3 against Michigan in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Minnesota is 2-1 in overtime in Big Ten Tournament games and becomes the first team to play back-to-back overtime games in Big Ten Tournament history.
- Minnesota is 2-3 in overtime this year.
- Minnesota started the game off on a 9-1 run. The run ended at the 13:30 mark in the first half.
- Andre Hollins, Austin Hollins, and Rodney Williams combined to score all of Minnesota's 23 first-half points. Andre Hollins and Williams both scored eight points while Austin Hollins added seven points.
- Minnesota is 14-4 when leading at halftime.
- Minnesota went on an 8-0 second half run going from 6:27-4:37. The score at the start of the run was 46-45 Minnesota, and was 54-45 at the end.
- Julian Welch scored the first six points of the run with two 3-pointers.
- Andre Hollins had career highs in field-goal attempts (18) and minutes played (44).
- Andre Hollins' six assists ties a career high.
- Rodney Williams had a career-high eight field goals and equaled the sixth-best field goal percentage in a Big Ten Tournament game on 8-of-10 (.800) shooting.