March 10, 2011
- Northwestern is 6-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, 5-1 when playing as the higher seed in the tournament, 3-7 all-time at the tournament when played in Indianapolis, 3-2 as the No. 8 seed and 6-8 in first round games.
- In the first round, No. 8 seeds are 11-3 in BTT history.
- Northwestern is 2-3 all-time against Minnesota in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Northwestern is 16-1 when the Wildcats score 70+ points.
- Michael Thompson scored a career-high 35 points, the most by a player in a Big Ten Tournament game (33 by Brian Cardinal, Purdue vs. Michigan on 3/4/99).
- Michael Thompson moved into third on Northwestern's career points list with 1,614.
- Michael Thompson tied Kevin Anderson for third on the longest active string nationally of consecutive starts list with 125.
- Michael Thompson scored 20+ points for the fifth time this season (NU is 4-1 when he scores over 20 points).
- Michael Thompson is tied for fifth for three-point attempts in a single Big Ten Tournament game with 12.
- Michael Thompson tops the list for most points by a Northwestern player scored in a Big Ten Tournament game with 35.
- Michael Thompson tops the list for most field goals attempted by a Northwestern player in a Big Ten Tournament game with 22.
- Michael Thompson's 22 field-goal attempts are a season high.
- Michael Thompson passed Pete Boesen on Northwestern's most consecutive free throws made list with 28 straight (8-8 today against Minnesota). Boesen had made 27 straight.
- Alex Marcotullio pulled down a career high six rebounds.
- NU shot 30+ 3-point field goal attempts for the sixth time this season (3-3 record when that happens) - shot 31 today against Minnesota.
- NU's five turnovers are tied for the fewest by Northwestern this season.
- Minnesota is 0-3 as a No. 9 seed, 7-6 in first round games and 11-14 overall in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Minnesota has played Northwestern more than any other team in the Big Ten Tournament, owning a 3-2 record all-time vs. the Wildcats in the tournament.
- With three three-pointers, Blake Hoffarber moved into third on the Minnesota single-season three-point list, now with 79. Hoffarber holds the record with 85 in 2009-10.
- With 11 rebounds, Trevor Mbakwe moved past Mel Northway into third on Minnesota's single-season rebound list, now with 327.
- Mbakwe posted his 19th double-double of the season, tied for the second most in a season by a Gopher (with Larry Mikan and Jim Brewer).
- With 14 free-throw attempts, Mbakwe moved past Archie Clark and Lou Hudson into fifth for most free-throw attempts in a season in school history (now with 202). His nine free throws made are a career high.
- With one block, Ralph Sampson III moved into sole possession of fourth on the Minnesota career blocks list, surpassing Joel Przybilla (now with 166).