March 10, 2011
Box Score |
- Michigan State is now 3-0 in Big Ten Tournament first-round games.
- The Spartans are 2-2 vs. Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament.
- With his six free throws attempted, Kalin Lucas moved within five of the all-time Spartan record for career free-throw attempts, now with 620 (Paul Davis had 625 from 2002-06).
- Durrell Summers moved past Quinton Brooks into 23rd on the Michigan State scoring list (now with 1,282).
- Draymond Green had 21 points on the night, more than he had combined in his career in the Big Ten Tournament (16).
- Green's 14 rebounds are the most by a Michigan State player in a Big Ten Tournament game (13 by Antonio Smith vs. Illinois in 1999). It also ties for the most by a Michigan State player this year (14 by Green vs. Penn State, 2/10).
- Those 14 rebounds by Green are tied for the ninth most by any player in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Green posted his 17th double-double of his career and ninth of the season.
- Green set Michigan State marks for most field goals made (10) and attempted (23) in a Big Ten Tournament game, breaking the old marks of nine (Drew Neitzel) and 18 (four players), respectively.
- Green's six offensive rebounds are second most by a Michigan State player in a Big Ten Tournament game (7 by Antonio Smith vs. Minnesota in 1999).
- Kalin Lucas posted his fifth straight double-digit scoring game in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Michigan State now has 18 wins in 14 straight seasons.
- The Spartans are now 10-1 when leading at the half this season.
- Tonight marked the 20th game this season for Michigan State decided by 10 points or less (Spartans are 12-8) and 13 decided by five points or less (Spartans are 9-4).
- The Spartans are now 13-6 when out-rebounding an opponent in 2010-11.
- Iowa is 13-12 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 4-5 in first-round games.
- The Hawkeyes are 6-6 in Tournament games played at Conseco Fieldhouse.
- Iowa is 2-2 against Michigan State in the Big Ten Tournament and 0-2 as the No. 10 seed.
- Bryce Cartwright passed Jeff Horner for first place on Iowa's single-season assist list with six today against Michigan State (182).
- With 13 points, Matt Gatens moved into 30th on Iowa's career scoring list (1,103).
- Bryce Cartwright pulled down a career-high seven rebounds and led the Hawkeyes in rebounding for the first time this season.