March 10, 2011
Box Score |
- Penn State is 7-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 5-9 in the first round.
- Penn State is 2-1 vs. Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The No. 6 seed is 12-1 all-time in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Nittany Lions are 12-1 when leading at the half and 15-1 when leading with 5:00 minutes to play in the game.
- Penn State is 10-6 when games are decided by 10 points or less this season.
- The Nittany Lions are 9-0 when they hold their opponent to 59 points or less and 13-5 when they out-rebound their opponent this season.
- Talor Battle moved into 15th on the Big Ten all-time career scoring list (2,132).
- Battle played all 40 minutes for the 13th time this season.
- Battle moved into seventh on the Big Ten career three-point shots made list (300).
- Battle passed Joe Crispin for first on Penn State's career 3-point attempts list (888).
- Battle is in a four-way tie for fourth on PSU's season 3-pointers made list (89).
- Battle and Andrew Jones moved into a tie for second on Penn State's career games played list (130). David Jackson tops the list at 132.
- Battle scored in double figures for the 29th time this season.
- Jeff Brooks scored in double figures for the 22nd game this season.
- Andrew Jones scored in double figures for the fourth time this season.
- Indiana shot 66.7 percent from two-point range for the game (18 of 27), including 78.6 percent from two in the second half (11 of 14).
- The Hoosiers posted their best field-goal percentage in a Big Ten Tournament game since shooting 50.0 percent in a 61-56 victory over Wisconsin in 2006.
- Indiana made seven of its first nine shots during the first eight minutes of the second half, including seven points from Christian Watford in the stretch. Indiana had its best shooting second half (.542) since shooting .571 vs. Michigan on Feb. 12.
- Indiana totaled just 25 turnovers in its last three games (10 tonight).
- Indiana had 10 steals, tied for its most in a Big Ten Tournament game (Had 10 vs. Michigan State in 2002).
- The Hoosiers held Talor Battle seven points under his season average and just his seventh game with less than 15 points this season.
- Verdell Jones III ends his junior season 33rd on Indiana's career scoring list (1,122).
- Indiana is now 28-9 all-time vs. Penn State
- Penn State scored 28 points in the first half, marking the fewest points given up by Indiana in the first half since giving up 28 to Iowa on Feb. 5.
- Jeremiah Rivers tied his career high with four steals (4 vs. Iowa, 1/24/10).