March 11, 2011
- The total margin of victory for the first five games in the tournament has been 32 (an average of 6.4)
- The two Michigan-Illinois games this year were decided by a total of seven points (Illinois 54, Michigan 52 on Feb. 16).
- Michigan has won nine of its last 12 games, 11 of those 12 games have been decided by 10 points or less.
- The Wolverines are 7-11 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, and their first win against the Illini in the tournament (1-2).
- The Wolverines are 3-1 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament when they have earned a bye and 0-5 in the quarterfinals when they did not have a bye and had to play in the first round.
- This is the first time all season Michigan has beaten a team when its field goal percentage is lower than its opponent's.
- The Wolverines are 16-1 this season when they outshoot their opponents from 3-point range.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. moved into 10th on Michigan's single-season 3-point field goals made list (72) and is two 3-pointers away from breaking the Wolverines' freshman record.
- Zack Novak and Stu Douglass moved into a seven-way tie for fifth on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament games started list (5).
- Stu Douglass moved into a tie for fifth on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career 3-point field goals made (11) list.
- Zack Novak tied Jerod Ward for seventh on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career 3-point field goals made (8) and moved into fifth on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career 3-point field goal attempts list (24).
- Douglass tied Chris Young for eighth on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career defensive rebounds list (19).
- Douglass tied Brandon Smith for eighth on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career assists list (13).
- Novak moved into seventh on Michigan's Big Ten Tournament career minutes played list (177), while Stu Douglass moved into ninth (172).
- Novak scored in double digits for the 15th time this season.
- Novak did not attempt a two-point field goal, the third time all season all of his shots were from behind the arc.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. scored in double digits for the 13th straight game.
- Michigan moved into a four-way tie for fifth for most 3-point field goals made in a Big Ten Tournament game (11).
- Demetri McCamey's 10 points give him 107 during his career in the Big Ten Tournament, tied for 10th on the Big Ten Tournament career scoring list (with LaVell Blanchard of Michigan).
- McCamey's five assists give him 39 during his Big Ten Tournament career, moving him past Ohio State's Jamar Butler (36) and Ohio State's Brent Darby (35) into eighth on the Big Ten Tournament career assists list.
- McCamey moved past Eddie Johnson (1,692) and into sixth on Illinois' all-time career scoring list, now with 1,695.
- McCamey and Mike Tisdale played in their 137th career game, tying an Illinois record, held by Dee Brown and James Augustine. Mike Davis is one behind with 136 games played.
- McCamey started his 113th game, tying Richard Keene for seventh on Illinois' all-time list.
- Tisdale had two blocked shots, giving him 174 for his career, tying him for second on Illinois' all-time career blocked shots list (with Derek Holcomb). He is now just three behind Deon Thomas (177).
- Tisdale also tied a career high with four assists (at Purdue, 3/1/11).
- Brandon Paul tied a career high with five steals, which is also tied for the most by an Illinois player this season.
- After shooting 1-for-13 from 3-point range in his last six games, Bill Cole made 3 of 6 from long-range today, hitting three, 3-pointers in a game for the first time since Jan. 2 vs. Wisconsin.
- Illinois has a 23-12 record in Big Ten Tournament games and 12-2 in quarterfinal round games, failing to reach the semifinal for just the second time in school history.