March 11, 2011
Box Score |
- Teams are playing with proficiency on the quarterfinal day of the Big Ten Tournament. This is the second game today that neither team reached double digits in turnovers. The teams have totaled 99 turnovers in the first six games (an average of 8.25 per team per game).
- The Michigan State victory assures that for all 14 Big Ten Tournaments to date, not all top-four seeds will advance to the semifinal round.
- Michigan State reaches its seventh Big Ten Tournament semifinal and is looking for its first finals berth since 2000.
- Michigan State is the third #7 seed to reach the semifinal round (Penn State in 2001 and Iowa in 2005).
- Michigan State is now 3-0 vs. Purdue in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The 18-point margin of victory was the largest for Michigan State ever in the Big Ten Tournament.
- With his nine free throws attempted, Kalin Lucas moved past Paul Davis for the Spartan career free-throw attempts record, now with 629 (Paul Davis had 625 from 2002-06).
- Lucas posted his sixth straight double-digit scoring game in the Big Ten Tournament. He has 112 points for his career in the Big Ten Tournament, moving him into eighth on the all-time career Big Ten Tournament scoring list.
- Lucas' 30 points is the most by a Michigan State player in a Big Ten Tournament game. His previous high in a Big Ten Tournament game was 18. He posted that many in the first half.
- Friday marked Lucas' 11th 20-point game this season and 29th 20-point game of his career.
- Draymond Green tallied 12 rebounds in the game, giving him 13 double-digit rebounding games for the year. His 12 boards give him 26 for the tournament, one shy of 10th on the individual career chart at any Big Ten Tournament
- The 12 boards are also tied for third by a Michigan State player in a Big Ten Tournament game. Green tallied the most with 14 vs. Iowa on Thursday night.
- Green posted his 18th double-double of his career and 10th of the season.
- Michigan State was 23-for-29 from the free-throw line. The 23 free throws made are the second most by an MSU team in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- The Spartans are now 14-6 when out-rebounding an opponent this season.
- The Boilermakers only turned the ball over four times, their second lowest total this season. Purdue is now 24-4 this season when it has fewer turnovers than its opponent.
- JaJuan Johnson has reached double figures in 41 straight games, the longest streak in coach Matt Painter's era and sixth longest in program history.
- Johnson has scored 20+ points in 14 of Purdue's last 16 games.
- Johnson tied Todd Mitchell for fifth on Purdue's career free throws made list (486) and moved into a three-way tie for fifth on Purdue's career free throws attempted list (653).
- E'Twaun Moore tied Jaraan Cornell for Purdue's career 3-point field goals record (242).
- Moore is one rebound away from 600 boards on his career. He would become only the second Purdue guard to record 600 rebounds.
- Moore tied Jeff Horner for ninth on the Big Ten Tournament career points scored list (110).
- Either Johnson or Moore has led Purdue in scoring this season in 24 of its 26 games.
- Johnson and Moore tied Keaton Grant for first on Purdue's games played list (138).
- Johnson moved up on Purdue's season records lists:
- Passed Terry Dischinger for 12th on points scored (657).
- Passed Glenn Robinson for 13th on rebounds (261).
- Passed Tony Jones for 10th on minutes played (1,130).
- Moore moved into 24th place on Purdue's single-season points scored list (583).