March 11, 2011
Box Score |
- This marks just the third time in Big Ten Tournament history that neither the 2 or the 3 seeds advanced to the semifinal, joining 2001 and 2008. The #6 and #7 seeds have never met in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- So far in the tournament, the seven games have produced a total of just 112 turnovers (8.0 per team). Wisconsin had eight and Penn State five in this game.
- With 10 points, Jon Leuer moved past Trent Jackson (574), Rick Olson (571) and Clarence Sherrod (570) into seventh on Wisconsin's all-time single-season scoring list, now with 577.
- Leuer has now scored in double figures in 38 straight games.
- Wisconsin held Penn State star Talor Battle to just nine points, and scoreless from the opening possession of the to the 5:30 mark of the second half.
- This marks the first time in 22 games that a ranked opponent held Battle to single-digits.
- Penn State jumped to a 14-0 lead 7:05 into the game. The Badgers held Penn State to just eight points in the next 19:40 in tying the score at 22-22.
- Penn State is 8-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, 3-2 in the quarterfinal round.
- No. 6 seeds are 24-11 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and 8-4 vs. No. 3 seeds.
- PSU recorded its first win against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Tournament, 1-1 all-time.
- The Nittany Lions have beaten four ranked opponents this year, the most ever in program history.
- PSU is now 13-1 this season when they are leading at the half, 16-1 when leading with 5:00 minutes to play, and 11-6 when games are decided by 10 points or less.
- Penn State is now 10-0 this season when it holds its opponent to 59 points or less, 14-2 when it shoots better than its opponent, and 16-1 when its opponent shoots less than 45 percent.
- Penn State held Wisconsin to its lowest points scored in the first half (16) and in a game all season (33).
- The Nittany Lions have only advanced to the Big Ten Tournament semifinal round twice, the last time was in 2001.
- Battle passed Jesse Arnelle for first on Penn State's career scoring record set in 1955 (2,141).
- Talor Battle passed Jarrett Stephens for fifth on PSU's Big Ten Tournament career scoring leaders list (67).
- This is only the second game all season Battle failed to score double-digit points.
- Battle is only the second Nittany Lion to score 600 points in multiple seasons.
- Battle played all 40 minutes, the 13th time this season and sixth time in the last seven games.
- Battle passed Steve Alford for second on the Big Ten Conference's all-time minutes played list (4,679).
- Battle moved into sole possession of fourth place on PSU's season 3-pointers made list (90).
- This was the first time all season the Nittany Lions did not have a player score in double figures.