March 13, 2014
- Senior guard Will Sheehey scored 13 points, a new career best in Big Ten Tournament games. He is averaging 18.4 points per game and shooting 58.4 percent from the field in his last five outings.
- Sheehey finished with a team-best five assists, his best effort against Big Ten competition this season.
- Sophomore guard Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell contributed 14 points, which is a new career best in Big Ten Tournament games. He is averaging 16.0 points per game in five career games vs. the Illini.
- Freshman forward Troy Williams finished with 11 points, his third-straight game in double digits. He has gone 19-of-26 (73.0 percent) from the field in those games.
- Indiana's starters scored 50 of 54 points in the game.
- Trailing 9-0, the Hoosiers went on a 14-2 run to take their first lead of the game at 14-11 with 10:38 play in the first half. Indiana held Illinois scoreless for more than five minutes during that run.
- The Hoosiers are now 4-8 this year when trailing at the half.
- Indiana tallied 15 assists on 18 made baskets.
- After scoring just two points in the paint in the first half, the Hoosiers held an 18-6 advantage in the second half.
- The Hoosiers did not connect on a three-point basket in the second half, going 0-for-10. They were 6-for-10 in the first half.
- Indiana won the rebounding battle for the 27th time this season (35-32).
- Four of the last five meetings between Indiana and Illinois have been decided by 10 points or less. Indiana is 2-3 in those games.
- Junior guard Tracy Abrams set a season-high with 25 points, two points shy of matching his career-high of 27
- Abrams is averaging 10.5 points per game this season and 8.5 for his career.
- Junior guard Rayvonte Rice is averaging 15.7 points per game (13 today), which ranks eighth in the Big Ten. He has reached double figures in all but four games this year.
- Rice scored in double figures in all three of Illinois' games against Indiana this season, the only Illini player to do so.
- Freshman guard Kendrick Nunn is averaging 12.1 points per game over the eight games in which he has started in the regular season. He scored 10 In Illinois' win this afternoon.
- Illinois had three players in double figures (Abrams - 25, Rice - 13, Nunn - 10).
- Illinois opened the game on a 9-0 run over the first 5:41.
- The Illini are 6-2 against Indiana all-time in Big Ten Tournament games.
- Illinois is 9-9 all-time as the lower-seeded team in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Illinois has the second-most all-time Big Ten Tournament wins with 25.
- Illinois has now won five out of its last six games dating back to the end of conference play.
- Illinois is 11-3 this season and 30-6 under John Groce when leading at the half.
- Illinois is 13-0 this season when shooting better than its opponent, and 26-1 overall under Groce.