March 13, 2014
Box Score |
SESSION 2 NOTE
- Attendance for session two is 18,596 (sellout). Total attendance for day one is 37,192.
- Senior guard Roy Devyn Marble (1,687) moved into fifth place in Iowa career scoring, passing Ronnie Lester (1,675).
- Marble (25 points) has scored in double figures 27 times this year, including 18 of the last 19 games.
- Marble has scored 20 or more points 13 times this year and 26 times in his career, including in six of the last seven contests.
- Sophomore forward Jarrod Uthoff (17 points) has scored in double figures in 11 games this season.
- Uthoff tied a career high with three made three-point field goals.
- Iowa out-rebounded the Wildcats, 37-29, including a 19-5 advantage in offensive rebounds.
- The Hawkeyes recorded a season-high free throw percentage (.889) on 16-18 shooting from the line.
- Iowa's bench outscored Northwestern's bench, 30-8.
- Senior Zach McCabe has appeared in 136 consecutive games, a school record.
- This marks the first game this season in which Iowa was tied at halftime.
- This is Northwestern's first Big Ten Tournament win since 2011 and seventh overall (7-16). The Wildcats improve to 1-2 vs. Iowa in the Big Ten Tournament. All three matchups have come with NU as the No. 11 seed.
- NU picks up its 58th win in 171 meetings with Iowa and snaps a five-game losing streak to the Hawkeyes.
- This is the first Big Ten Tournament win by a No. 11 seed since 1999, when Illinois went 3-1 and advanced to the championship game.
- Sophomore guard Tre Demps finished with 20 points and has scored in double figures 21 times this year. His four three-point baskets match his career high. He also matched his career best with five assists.
- Senior forward Drew Crawford totaled 15 points, giving him 1,899 for his career. He is the Big Ten's active leading scorer. He is one point shy of moving up to a tie for second on NU's all-time scoring list.
- Both Demps and Crawford played the entire 40 minutes.
- Junior guard Dave Sobolewski added 10 points, his fourth double-digit scoring game this year and first against Big Ten competition.
- Northwestern finished with three players scoring in double figures for the second game in a row and 17th time this season.
- The score was 31-31 at the half as Demps hit a three at the buzzer. It is the first time this year NU has been tied at the half. Both teams hit a three-point basket within the final 10 seconds of the first half.
- The Wildcats shot 52.3 percent from the field (23-44), the fourth time they have shot 50 percent or better, and first time against Big Ten competition.
- With seven minutes to play, Northwestern had 18 field goals, nine of which were three-point baskets. The Wildcats had nine total three-point buckets in their first two meetings with Iowa this year.
- Northwestern's 11 three-point baskets match its previous Big Ten Tournament best.