March 14, 2014
Box Score |
- The Wolverines advance to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals for the third time in the last four years. They enter the semifinal round on a six-game winning streak.
- Michigan has had eight games this season decided by three points or less and is 6-2 in those games.
- Michigan has won its opening games at the Big Ten Tournament in each of the last six seasons.
- Sophomore G Nik Stauskas led the Wolverines with 19 points, his ninth-straight double-digit scoring effort. He had 19 points in his previous two Big Ten Tournament games combined.
- Stauskas' nine free throws made (9-10) ties his career best.
- Senior F Jordan Morgan played in his 136th career game today, tying the Michigan school record also held by Stu Douglass.
- Michigan was 12-of-15 from the free throw line (80 percent) and have shot 75 percent or better from FT line 18 times this season.
- Sophomore G Caris LeVert scored 13, his seventh-straight double-digit game.
- Sophomore F Glenn Robinson III added 15 points, giving him 10 or more points in each of the last seven games.
- Freshman G Derrick Walton Jr. has 29 assists and just seven turnovers in his last nine games, including a 3/1 ratio today.
- Michigan opened the second half with an 11-3 run to take its largest lead of the game at 49-36.
- Michigan's 10 3-point FGs is its most in a Big Ten Tournament game since also hitting 10 vs. Iowa in 2009 The Wolverines have hit 10 or more three-point buckets in two of their last three games.
- Michigan's 30 3-point FG attempts is tied for sixth on the Big Ten Tournament single game list (one off the record) and is the most ever by a Wolverine team in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Illinois used a 17-5 run over 6:56 to take a 59-58 lead with 4:53 remaining.
- Junior G Tracy Abrams has now scored in double figures in 20 games this season (11 today).
- Abrams also recorded a game-high five assists.
- Freshman G Kendrick Nunn scored in double figures for the seventh time in his career (10 points this afternoon).
- Junior G Rayvonte Rice added 11 points and seven rebounds for the Illini, the 29th time Rice has hit double-digit points.
- Junior F/C Nnanna Egwu recorded a game-high nine rebounds.
- The Illini outscored Michigan 16-8 in the paint during the first half and 32-14 for the game.
- Illinois' bench outscored Michigan's 16-8.
- Illinois capitalized on second-chance points, holding a 17-7 advantage.
- This was its first loss of the season in which the Illini had a better shooting percentage than their opponent, and their first loss in which they shot better than 45% from the field.
- Illinois is 1-1 in games decided by a single point (65-64 W vs. Missouri on 12/21).