March 14, 2014
Box Score |
SESSION 3 NOTE
- Attendance for session 3 is 18,596 (sellout).
- Sophomore G/F Terran Petteway led the Cornhuskers with 20 points and has scored in double figures 29 times in 31 games this season. He entered the tournament as the Big Ten's leading scorer at 18.0 points per game.
- Petteway moved to seventh on the Nebraska single-season scoring list with 561 points. This is his 12th 20+-point game this season.
- Sophomore F Walter Pitchford finished with 15 points, his fourth-straight double-digit effort and 18th this season.
- Sophomore G Shavon Shields added 12 points, giving Nebraska three or more double-digit scorers in a game for the 21st time this season. He tied his career best with four assists.
- Nebraska opened the second half with a 17-2 run to take a 48-30 lead, its largest of the game.
- The Cornhuskers were 17-of-20 from the free throw line (85 percent), the fifth time this year it has shot 85 percent or better from the charity stripe.
- After turning the ball over just three times in the first half, the Cornhuskers gave it away eight times in the second half.
- It is just the third loss in 18 games this season when Nebraska was leading at the half.
- Ohio State staged the largest comeback in Big Ten Tournament history, rallying from an 18-point second-half deficit for the win.
- Ohio State is in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals for the sixth-straight year and will make its ninth official appearance in the semifinal round.
- Ohio State leads the all-time series, 11-3, including a 2-1 record in neutral-site contests, against Nebraska
- OSU holds a 24-9 record in Big Ten Tournament play, and has won 20 of its last 24 Big Ten Tournament games.
- Junior F LaQuinton Ross tallied a career-high 26 points.
- Ross (26 points) has scored in double figures in 15 of his last 17 games. His 26 points mark the eighth time he has scored 20+ points in a game this season.
- Ross recorded his sixth double-double (26 points, 13 rebounds). His 13 rebounds were a game-high.
- Sophomore G Amedeo Della Valle scored in double digits (12 points) for the sixth time this season.
- Senior G Aaron Craft moves into second place all-time in assists at the Big Ten Tournament with 52 assists over the course of 11 games. He also moved into second in steals at the tournament with 17.
- The Buckeyes are 19-1 when shooting a better field-goal percentage than their opponent.
- Ohio State outrebounded Nebraska, 43-34.
- The Buckeyes improve to 7-5 this season when trailing at the half and 3-5 when trailing with five minutes remaining.