March 16, 2014
- Attendance is 18,582 for the session (sellout) and 111,592 for the tournament. That is the highest total attendance ever for the tournament in Indianapolis, and second-most overall.
- It is the largest margin of victory in a Big Ten Tournament championship game since 2010. Three of MSU's four tournament titles have been decided by 14 or more points.
- The Spartans become the first team to win a Big Ten Football Championship game and Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament title in the same season.
- Sophomore G Nik Stauskas led Michigan with 17 points, scoring in double figures in his 11th-straight game. Stauskas averaged 18.0 points per game in the tournament and was named to the All-Tournament team.
- Ten of Stauskas' 17 points came in the first 11:09 of the game. He is 10 points shy of 1,000 for his career.
- Stauskas (13) and freshman G Derrick Walton Jr. (nine) combined for 22 of Michigan's 29 first-half points, shooting 60 percent (6-10) from the field. Walton Jr. finished with 11 points.
- The Wolverines connected on 15 of 16 free throw attempts (93.8 percent). That ranks third on the Big Ten Tournament single-game percentage list.
- Sophomore F Glenn Robinson III and sophomore G Spike Albrecht played in their 72nd career games today. Neither has ever missed a game.
- The loss snaps a seven-game win streak for the Wolverines.
- For the first time in its last four games, Michigan had a game decided by more than four points
- Michigan State is 22-13 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament, including a 4-0 mark in the finals. The Spartans hold a 13-7 record when the tournament is held in Indianapolis, and 2-0 in the finals.
- Michigan State has won 21 of the past 30 contests between the two schools.
- Senior F Adreian Payne, sophomore G Gary Harris, and junior G/F Branden Dawson were named to the All-Tournament Team. Dawson was named the Most Outstanding Player of tournament. He is the fourth Spartan to be named the tournament MOP (Mateen Cleaves-1999, Morris Peterson-2000, and Draymond Green-2012).
- The Spartans did not trail the game after the 14:28 mark of the first half when the score was tied 9-9.
- Payne scored 18 points, a game high, while collecting nine rebounds. Payne has scored 10 or more points in 10-of-12 games since returning from injury.
- Harris led the Spartans with 13 points in the first half. Harris' 15 points for the game marks the 10th consecutive contest in which Harris has scored 10 or more points.
- Dawson recorded his third-straight double-figure game at the Big Ten Tournament, adding 15 points.
- The Spartans shot 50% (27-54) from the field. MSU is now 13-1 when shooting 50% or better.
- Michigan State owned advantages in points in the paint (38-20), points off turnovers (18-2), second chance points (14-12), fast break points (16-3), and bench scoring (11-6) for the game.
- All 15 Spartans saw time on the court during the game.