• Wisconsin sits atop the Big Ten standings with a 9-1 conference record. Maryland is alone in second place at 8-2, while Purdue is 8-3 and in third place.
• Maryland and Wisconsin have both reached the 20-win plateau. Purdue enters this week's slate of games with 19 victories.
• Michigan State's Miles Bridges and Purdue's Caleb Swanigan were named finalists for the 2017 Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year Award, while Wisconsin's Ethan Happ was recognized as a 2017 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year Award finalist.
• Big Ten road teams posted an 8-4 record last week, including going 3-0 on Tuesday, and 4-0 on Saturday's slate.
• Wisconsin enters Thursday's game at Nebraska on a seven-game conference winning streak, the longest active streak in the Big Ten. Iowa has won three consecutive games to improve to 6-5 in Big Ten play.
• Through games of Feb. 5, 13 Big Ten teams are rated among the top 100 of the NCAA RPI, including four top-25 teams and six among the top 50: No. 17 Wisconsin, No. 21 Maryland, No. 22 Purdue, No. 24 Minnesota, No. 33 Northwestern and No. 48 Michigan State.
• Purdue's Caleb Swanigan was named the Big Ten Player of the Week for the fifth time this season on Monday, tying former Boilermaker standout Glenn Robinson (1993-94) for the second-most single-season honors in Big Ten history. Swanigan currently leads the Big Ten in both scoring (20.0 ppg) and rebounding (13.0 rpg) in conference games only. The last player to pace the Big Ten in both categories during conference play was Ohio State's Evan Turner in 2009-10. He also claimed a Big Ten record seven Player of the week plaudits that season.
• In conference games only, Wisconsin's Ethan Happ currently leads the Badgers in scoring (17.1 ppg), rebounding (8.5 rpg), assists (2.8 apg), steals (2.7 spg) and blocks (1.5 bpg), the only player in the nation to hold that standard.
• Maryland's Melo Trimble enters Tuesday's game at Penn State with 1,497 career points, just three tallies shy of becoming the third active Big Ten player to score at least 1,500 career points. He would join Illinois' Malcolm Hill and Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes in that category.
• Wisconsin head coach Greg Gard, who earned his 20th career Big Ten win last Tuesday at Illinois, is 35-11 in less than two full seasons as the Badgers' head coach. He is off to the best start of any Wisconsin coach in the past 100 years.
• The Big Ten boasts a team ranked among the top five of the USA Today Sports Coaches Poll, after Wisconsin debuted at No. 5 on Monday, along with a No. 7 ranking in the Associated Press (AP) ballot. Purdue was ranked No. 16/18 (AP/USA TODAY Sports Coaches), followed by No. 21/22 Maryland. Northwestern received votes in both polls.