Fans attending the Big Ten Football Championship Game in Indianapolis will be asked to enter with clear bags and should be prepared to arrive early.
A clear bag policy, similar to that used by the NFL, College Football Playoff, other conference championship games and on the majority of Big Ten campuses, will be in effect for the Big Ten Championship Game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The clear bag policy affects the type and size of bags that are permitted into the stadium - not the items that fans normally need to bring to a game. Each fan may bring in items such as keys, makeup, combs, phones, wallets and credit cards. Fans may still bring items such as binoculars and cameras, provided they are not in cases, and may also carry a blanket or jacket into the stadium.
Bags must satisfy the guidelines below in order to be taken into Lucas Oil Stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon re-sealable, clear plastic storage bag
- Small clutch bags or purses, no larger than 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the following gates: Northwest corner (employee entrance) OR Southeast corner (adjacent to Ticket Office)
Formula, diapers and wipes may be included in one of the clear bag choices listed above. Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse, providing ample storage capacity.
The Big Ten is encouraging fans to arrive early and leave any unnecessary items at home or in their cars. Gates at Lucas Oil Stadium will open at 6:15 p.m. ET on the day of the championship game in order to accommodate early arriving fans.
Fans can receive a free permissible clear bag to use at the championship game from numerous locations around downtown Indianapolis, including the following:
- Fan Fest and team pep rallies at the Indiana Convention Center
- Indiana Sports Corp Welcome Desk at the following downtown hotels:
- Conrad, Courtyard by Marriott, Embassy Suites, Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, Westin Indianapolis, Omni Indianapolis, The Alexander, Springhill Suites
- Merchandise stands (outside Lucas Oil Stadium)
- Lucas Oil Stadium parking lots and RV Nation lot
- Lucas Oil Stadium fan entrances
- Meijer Tailgate Party on Georgia Street
Working personnel, including media, will continue to enter Lucas Oil Stadium through designated gates where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections already in effect for the Big Ten Football Championship Game.