Nov. 27, 2012
As exciting as it's going to be, the Big Ten Football Championship Game won't be the only major event in Indianapolis early next month. Once again complementing the big game is the Big Ten Fan Fest Presented by Dr Pepper at the Indiana Convention Center, an amazing, interactive experience for fans of all ages featuring exhibits, games, give-aways, school band performances, trivia contests, legends appearances, autograph opportunities and much, much more. Over 30,000 fans attended last year's Big Ten Fan Fest, and that number is expected to increase based on the success of year-one.
"In our inaugural year, the Big Ten Fan Fest brought such an excitement to our championship weekend, and it exceeded our expectations in every way," said Big Ten Conference Deputy Commissioner Brad Traviolia. "It's important to us to create a memorable experience for our fans from the time they arrive in Indianapolis to the time the game is over, and Fan Fest is a big part of that, because it generates a unique energy around our conference and the game itself. We know this year's Fan Fest will be yet another great event."
A co-production of the Big Ten Conference and FOX Sports, Big Ten Fan Fest kicks-off on Friday, Nov. 30 at 3:00 PM ET, remaining open until 9:00 PM, and all day Saturday, Dec. 1 (10:00 AM ET-8:00 PM ET).
Big Ten Fan Fest highlights include:
- Photo opportunity with the Stagg Championship Trophy;
- A special edition of Big Ten Network's BTN LIVE originates on Saturday morning at 11:00 AM ET;
- Dr Pepper Field, where throughout the day Dr Pepper hosts football clinics, celebrity appearances,
pep rallies, more;
- Official team pep rallies featuring full marching bands and cheerleaders;
- Autograph session on Saturday (12:30-2 PM) for 2012 Big Ten season award winners and other former Big Ten players;
- USA Football Clinics open to the public on Saturday;
- Over 20 games and interactive experiences for fans of all ages;
- Call the Play, a first-hand experience to pose as a game analyst;
- Championship Stage, where interviews with football legends will be conducted;
- Exciting interactive exhibits and giveaways from sponsors including Allstate, Nissan, Ford and BTN;
- The Big Ten Store, featuring authentic team and conference merchandise;
- Legends and Leaders Grill.
The Big Ten Fan Fest encompasses roughly 200,000 square feet of convention center floor space. Anyone with a Big Ten Football Championship Game ticket is admitted to Big Ten Fan Fest free of charge. Ticket prices for those not attending the game are $8 for adults and $4 for children (12 and under). Anyone presenting a valid military ID also gains free admission. Ticket information is available at www.bigten.org or tickets can be purchased at the Indiana Convention Center box office.
FOX Sports' exclusive prime time coverage of the inaugural Big Ten Football Championship Game begins at 7:30 PM ET on Saturday, Dec. 1, live from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. FOX Sports serves as the official broadcast partner of the Big Ten Football Championship Game from 2011 to 2016.