March 1, 2012
Box Score |
- Michigan is 4-3 in the Big Ten Tournament as the No. 7 seed.
- The Wolverines are now 4-2 vs. the Illini in Big Ten Tournament.
- Michigan is now 20-10 on the season, its fourth 20-win season in program history and second under head coach Kevin Borseth.
- Michigan's 68 points is the most scored in a tournament game under Borseth.
- Michigan has won seven of its last eight meetings with the Illini.
- Senior guard Courtney Boylan finished with 17 points. It is her 24th double-digit scoring effort this season and 40th of her career.
- Michigan held a 29-16 lead at the half and is now 19-2 this season when leading at the break.
- The Wolverines have forced 20 or more turnovers in five games this season, including 20 this afternoon. They are 13-9 when winning the turnover battle.
- The Wolverines are now 10-17 in Big Ten Tournament games. Michigan becomes the eighth school to reach double figures in Big Ten Tournament wins.
- For the ninth time this year, Michigan held a team to under 20 points in first half (16). The Wolverines allowed 15 first-half points in their other meeting vs. Illinois this year.
- Michigan shot 88.2 percent at the free throw line (15-17), the 12th time this year it has shot 80 percent or better from the charity stripe.
- Illinois is 17-18 in Big Ten Tournament play and 7-5 under head coach Jolette Law.
- Adrienne GoldBold's 12 points led the Illini, her 13th double-digit scoring night this season. She has scored 10 or more points in four-straight games. It is also her best scoring performance in a Big Ten Tournament game (previous - 10 pts., 2011)
- Junior forward Karisma Penn finished with three blocks and now has 199 for her career. Penn also finished with 10 points and 11 rebounds, the ninth time this year she has pulled down 10 or more rebounds and her ninth double-double this season.
- Illinois leads the all-time series with Michigan, 40-27.
- The Illini won the battle of the boards, out-rebounding Michigan 40-30. It is the 15th time this season they have won the rebounding battle and are 8-7 in those games.
- Illinois had a 23-10 advantage on the offensive glass, resulting in 21 second-chance points compared to four for the Wolverines.
- Illinois finished with three players scoring in double figures (Penn-10, Lydia McCully-10, GodBold-12), the 19th time this season that has happened.
- The Illini are 0-3 as the No. 10 seed, with two of the three losses coming against Michigan.
- Illinois' five first-half field goals tied its season low. The Illini also had five first-half field goals in their regular-season meeting vs. Michigan.