March 1, 2018
- Amanda Cahill led the Hoosiers with a career-high 38 points. Cahill reached 20 points for the 13th time in her career and fourth time this season. It is her first career 30 point game. Her previous best was 28.
- The 38 points for Cahill is tied for fourth most in a single game in IU school history and are the most for an Indiana player in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- Cahill scored 11 points in the first quarter as the Hoosiers jumped out to a 26-17 lead at the end of the opening period. Cahill scored nine of the Hoosiers 13 points in the third quarter.
- Cahill moved into sixth on the Indiana all-time career scoring list and now has 1,784 career points.
- Indiana shot 11-of-19 (57.9 percent) from the field in the first quarter and opened the game on a 9-2 run.
- Tyra Buss scored 24 points. She scored in double-figures for the 116th game of her career. Buss has scored in double-figures in 16 straight games this season. It is her 47th game with 20 or more points.
- Buss extended her career scoring record to 2,228 points.
- Buss has scored 627 points this season, a single season-high for her. The IU school record for single season points is 642.
- All five of the Indiana starters scored in double-figures.
- Buss and Cahill scored 10 of the Hoosiers 12 points in the fourth overtime.
- With four blocked shots, Sidney Cooks etched her name in the record book by tying Lykendra Johnson for the third spot in the most shots blocked in a season by a freshman at MSU category.
- Branndais Agee, with 17 rebounds eclipsed her season best by two boards.
- With two blocked shots, she moved up a spot to 13th all time, and with the game today she ties Aisha Jefferson for seventh place in games played in a Spartan uniform.
- Victoria Gaines and Sidney Cooks each set career highs of four blocks each in the game.
- Seniors Agee, Reimer, Gussert, and Johnson end their Big Ten Tournament careers scoring 110, 55, 32, and 14 points respectively.
- Taryn McCutcheon got into double figures for the 15th time this season with her 21 points, making it the second time with more than 20 points as well.
- Agee recorded her fourth double-double of the year with 16 points and 17 rebounds, tying her for 20th in career double-doubles at MSU.
- Michigan State scored a season best 109 points, two points better than their previous mark.
- Taya Reimer added a career best 22 points, marking her second time that she had scored more than 20 points.
Big Ten Tournament Notes
- The 4OT game was the longest game in the history of the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament, which started in 1982. It is the longest in the Men’s or Women’s Big Ten Tournament as well.
- The 111 points by Indiana are a Big Ten Tournament single game record.
- The 43 field goals by Indiana are a Big Ten Tournament single game record.
- The 38 points by Amanda Cahill are tied for second most for a single game in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Most OTs in college or pro game in Bankers Life Fieldhouse history.