March 2, 2012
Box Score |
- Iowa is now 16-16 in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Head coach Lisa Bluder has a record of 10-11 in tournament games.
- Senior guard Kamille Wahlin tied the school record for career games played with her 126th appearance today. Her string of 108 starts ranks fifth in Iowa history.
- Wahlin finished with 17 points, her 22nd double-digit effort this year. She also added five assists and now has 423 for her career.
- Wahlin shot 55 percent (5 of 9) from the field in the first half.
- Freshman guard Samantha Logic was 5 of 7 from the field in the first half with 12 points, playing all 20 minutes. She finished with 17 points, playing 39 minutes.
- Logic also contributed six assists, the 10th time this year she has had five or more assists in a game.
- Junior center Morgan Johnson's 12 points came on 5 of 7 shooting (71.4 percent).
- The loss snapped an eight-game win streak for the Hawkeyes.
- For the 21st time this season, Iowa had three or more players score in double figures (Wahlin-17, Logic-17, Johnson-12).
- Today's win gives Nebraska 23 on the season, tying for second on the Cornhuskers' single-season wins list.
- Nebraska is averaging 84 points per game in tournament play with scores of 88 and 80 in the first two rounds.
- It is the fifth time in tournament history that a team has scored 80 or more points in two or more games.
- Junior guard Lindsey Moore finished with a team-high 26 points, 19 of which came in the second half.
- Moore moves up four spots to 17th on the Cornhuskers' all-time scoring list with 1,113 points. It was her ninth time scoring 20+ points this season.
- Moore is averaging 20.0 ppg in tournament action.
- Sophomore forward Jordan Hooper tallied 15 points today, 13 of which came in the second half. She is averaging 16.5 ppg in tournament play. She also added 10 rebounds for her 12th double-double this season.
- Freshman forward Emily Cady posted a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds, her second of the year.
- This is the fourth time this season Nebraska has come back from a halftime deficit (trailed 36-33), and the second time it has done it against Iowa (trailed 33-31 on Jan. 8, won 77-72).
- This is the sixth time in 15 tries that the No. 6 seed has beaten the No. 3 seed.
- The Cornhuskers swept the season series with Iowa, 3-0.