March 2, 2012
Box Score |
- Purdue is 32-10 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- Head coach Sharon Versyp is 12-4 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- This will be the Boilermakers' 13th trip to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals and first since 2009.
- Purdue leads the series with Michigan State, 36-26 and is 3-0 against the Spartans in the Big Ten Tournament.
- Senior guard Brittany Rayburn finished with 29 points. She has scored in double figures 25 times this year and 90 times in her career. It was her ninth-straight double-digit outing.
- Rayburn tallied seven threes, which is tied for second on the Big Ten Tournament single-game list. She started 7-for-7 from three-point range before her first miss, finishing the game 7 of 10.
- Purdue finished 10 of 16 from behind the three-point arc as a team. The 10 three-point buckets ranks tied for fifth on the Big Ten Tournament single-game list and the 62.5 three-point field goal percentage ranks ninth.
- Sophomore guard Courtney Moses was 6-for-6 from the free throw line tonight, extending her school-record consecutive free throws made streak to 46. All six free throws came in the final 38 seconds of play. Her last miss was at Illinois on Jan. 2.
- Moses finished the game with 14 points and three rebounds.
- Junior guard Chantel Poston contributed 10 points off the bench, two shy of her career high.
- Junior forward Sam Ostarello led the team with 11 rebounds, her 10th double-digit rebounding effort this year.
- From 12:46 to 5:33 in the first half, Purdue went on a 22-6 run to take a 29-19 lead it would never relinquish. Rayburn had 11 of the 22 points.
- The Spartans are now 14-17 in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Senior forward Lykendra Johnson had a season-high 23 points, one shy of her career best. She tied her career high with nine free throws made.
- Johnson also had 11 rebounds for her 10th double-double this year.
- Junior guard Jasmine Thomas had 12 points, scoring 10 in the second half.
- Michigan State is 4-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Freshman guard Kiana Johnson tied for the team lead with three assists tonight. She has led the team in assists in 18 games this year.
- The Spartans trailed by as many as 20 at 54-34 with 15:14 to play, before a 14-3 run brought them to within nine at 57-48.
- Tonight's loss snapped a string of two-straight trips to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals for the Spartans.
- Twenty-six of Michigan State's 64 points (40.6 percent) came in the paint.