March 2, 2018
- Ohio State advances to the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament semifinals, where they will play the winner of GAME 8 (#4 Minnesota vs. #5 Iowa) at 6:00 PM EST on Saturday March 3.
- The #1 seed is now 13-1 in the history of the Big Ten Tournament.
- The win for Ohio State is their ninth straight over Big Ten opponents this season.
- Ohio State has held its last nine Big Ten opponents under 70 points, the longest such stretch under head coach Kevin McGuff.
- Ohio State has a 23-8 record overall since the 2006 Big Ten Tournament.
- Kelsey Mitchell led the Buckeyes with 22 points. Mitchell now ranks third on the NCAA career scoring list with 3,308 points and is 85 points from moving into second on the list. Mitchell holds the most career points in Big Ten history. The next closest is Rachel Banham at 3,093 points.
- Mitchell reached 20 points for the 25th time this season and 105th time of her career.
- Ohio State closed the second quarter on a 15-2 scoring run. The Buckeyes held Rutgers without a point for the final five minutes of the quarter and forced the Scarlet Knights into 1-of-12 shooting during that span.
- Stephanie Mavunga scored 18 points and grabbed six rebounds for Ohio State. Ohio State scored the first six points of the second half, all from Mavunga.
- Leading 41-26 at the half, Ohio State outscored Rutgers 28-7 in the third quarter to increase their lead to 36 at 69-33. After leading Rutgers 25-19 at the end of the first quarter, Ohio State outscored Rutgers 44-14 in the second and third quarters combined.
- Ohio State shot 20-of-23 (87 percent) from the free-throw line.
- Tyler Scaife took control of second place in the Rutgers career scoring list in the win over Purdue. After totaling 13 points in the game against Ohio State, she now has 2,233 career points. She also reached eighth in the record books for most single season points in a Rutgers uniform. These points came at the hand of six made field goals, putting her at seventh place in single season field goals made.
- Scaife started off hot going 4-of-4 shooting from the field in the first quarter, while only playing the first five minutes of the quarter.
- Rutgers held Ohio State to under 17 points in both the second and fourth quarter.
- All of the 14 players on the roster that were allowed to play got in the game.
- This game marked the 12th game that Caitlin Jenkins grabbed double-figure rebounds, with 10.
- The Scarlet Knights outscored the Buckeyes 24-13 in the final quarter of the game.
- With none of the Scarlet Knights starting lineup in, the players held the Buckeyes to zero field goals in the last 7:27 of the game.