March 2, 2018
- With the win Nebraska advances to the Big Ten Tournament semifinal, where they will take on #2 seed Maryland on Saturday March 3 at 8:30 PM EST.
- The win for Nebraska is their 21st win of the season, a plus-14 win improvement from last season (7). The 14-win turnaround is tied with Rutgers for the most in the nation this season.
- Nebraska is 11-3 away from home this season. The Huskers are one of four Big Ten teams to produce at least 10 wins away from home this season.
- Freshmen Kate Cain had seven blocks in the game. Cain owns the Nebraska single season record with 98 blocks and has a block in all 30 games this season. Cain’s 98 blocks this season exceed the previous top two totals by Husker freshmen (54, Janet Smith, 1979; 42, Kathy Hagerstrom, 1980) combined.
- Cain moved into ninth on the Huskers all-time list for career blocks.
- Cain has recorded two or more blocks in 25 games this season.
- Cain’s seven blocks are a Nebraska conferene tournament record (for any conference).
- Hannah Whitish led Nebraska with 17 points, her 17th game this season reaching double-figures.
- Nebraska held a 34-20 advantage in points in the paint.
- Nebraska held Michigan to 22 points below their season average.
- Michigan held Nebraska to 32 percent from the field in the first half, 28 percent lower than when they met in the regular season.
- Hallie Thome moves into 10th place for single season points at Michigan. Her 21 points now moves her total up to 528.
- Katelynn Flaherty adds six made field goals to tie her for fifth with Diane Dietz at 243 made field goals. Flaherty now has her name in the top five of single season made field goals three times. Flaherty also moved into first and tied her own 2012-13 record of made 3-pointers at 110.
- Jillian Dunston moves up to fifth for single season rebounds with 282 after her nine boards tonight.
- Thome put up 21 points, making it her 10th game of the season with more than 20 points in a game. Flaherty added 17 points, moving her games with double figures up to 125 in her career.
- Flaherty and Thome scored 38 of Michigan’s 54 points.
- Flaherty made her 400th career 3FG tonight – second in NCAA history behind Kelsey Mitchell (the only 400 3FG players ever).
Big Ten Tournament Notes
- The 12 blocks by Nebraska are tied for second most for a team in a Big Ten Tournament game.
- The seven blocks by Nebraska’s Kate Cain are tied for second most for an individual player in a Big Ten Tournament game.