March 3, 2012
- Penn State is 7-5 in semifinal games.
- Sophomore guard Maggie Lucas had nine points tonight and averaged 16.5 points per game in tournament play. She was a perfect 12-for-12 from the free throw line in two games, tying her for the tournament free throw percentage record.
- Lucas played 40 minutes for the second time this season.
- Penn State turned the ball over just eight times, matching its season low.
- Junior center Nikki Greene's two blocked shots moved her into a tie for fifth on the Penn State career list with 172.
- Greene finished with 12 points, five of which came in the final 31 seconds of the game.
- Junior guard Alex Bentley had 15 of Penn State's 34 first-half points. She finished with a team-best 22 points, her eighth 20+ point effort this year.
- Penn State took its first and only lead of the game, 53-52, at 7:32 to go in second half on a pair of free throws by Greene.
- Junior forward Mia Nickson had a career-high three blocked shots.
- Purdue leads the series with Penn State, 26-16, and leads 4-2 in Big Ten Tournament games. The Boilermakers have won 12 of last 14, but tonight's win snaps a two-game losing streak to the Lady Lions.
- Purdue is 33-10 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- Head coach Sharon Versyp is 13-4 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- This is Purdue's 12th trip to the championship game and first since 2009.
- Purdue had a +22 rebounding margin in the game (54-32). The 54 rebounds is the most by a Penn State opponent this season.
- Sophomore guard Courtney Moses ran her school-record consecutive free throws made streak to 47 before missing her second attempt of the night. She finished 1 of 2 at the line.
- Moses matched her season high with four three-point baskets and finished with a team-high 21 points, her third 20-point effort in 2011-12.
- Senior guard Brittany Rayburn finished with 14 points, including the game-winning bucket with less than two seconds remaining, despite playing just eight minutes in first half.
- Rayburn moves into sole possession of sixth on the Purdue career scoring list with 1,761 points.
- Senior guard Antionette Howard posted her first career double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds. The 13 rebounds is a career high.
- Purdue is 6-2 against the No. 1 seed in Big Ten Tournament play, including 3-0 against the Lady Lions.
- The No. 4 seed is 5-4 in semifinal games. This is the first time the No. 4 seed will play in the tournament championship game since Minnesota in 2005.
- Purdue is 30-26 in games decided by two points.
- This is the fourth time in tournament history a semifinal game has been decided by two points or less.