March 3, 2018
- With the win, Ohio State advances to their 10th Big Ten Tournament Championship game. The Buckeyes hold an all-time 5-4 record in Big Ten Tournament final games. Ohio State is now 42-19 in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Kelsey Mitchell scored 30 points and improved her career scoring total to 3,338.
- Mitchell ranks third on the NCAA career scoring list and is 55 points from moving into second on the list.
- Mitchell increased her NCAA record for career 3-point field goals to 485. Mitchell is 12 3-pointers from breaking the NCAA single season record.
- Mitchell has scored 240 points in her career in the Big Ten Tournament. That total ranks second and is 17 points from the record of 257 by Ohio State alum Jantel Lavender from 2008-11 in 10 games.
- Stephanie Mavunga scored 26 points and recorded 21 rebounds as she tallied her 15th double-double of the season and her 54th career double-double.
- Ohio State trailed Minnesota 85-79 with 4:40 to play in the fourth quarter and ended the game with a 11-3 run to win the game, 90-88.
- Minnesota scored 32 points in the first quarter, one less than the most they have scored in the first quarter against a Big Ten opponent all year.
- Gadiva Hubbard and Carlie Wagner combined for 29 of the teams 32 points in the first quarter, Wagner attributing 19 of that. Wagner’s 19 is the most for a Minnesota player in a quarter this season.
- Kehindo Bello grabbed five offensive rebounds, more than all of her offensive rebounds combined this season.
- Kenisha Bell tied a career best 10 assists in the game, becoming the first Golden Gopher to do so in Big Ten Tournament history, all while pouring in 27 points. This marks her 20th game with more than 20 points this season.
- Bell hit 11-14 free throws, making it the most free throws made in a single game in this year’s tournament. Her 11 free throws also puts her in first place for most free throws made at Minnesota in a season, beating out Rachel Banham, and ending with 172.
- The 88 points that Minnesota put up against the Buckeyes marks the most points scored in Minnesota Big Ten Tournament history, with the previous mark at 82.
- Bell, Wagner, and Hubbard combined for 73 of the teams 88 points, making 25 of the teams 30 field goals.
Big Ten Tournament Notes
- Kelsey Mitchell now has 240 career points in nine Big Ten Tournament. That total ranks second most and is 17 points off the 257 by Ohio State alum Jantel Lavender (2008-11, 10 games).
- The 21 rebounds by Stephanie Mavunga are a new Big Ten Tournament record. The previous record was 19 by Jenna Smith from Illinois on 3/4/10 vs. Indiana.
- Mavunga shot 10-of-13 from the field (76.9 percent), which ranks ninth in tournament history for single game field goal percentage. Mavunga has a field goals percentage of 77.2 percent (17-of-22) for the entire Big Ten Tournament, which currently ranks second for an entire Big Ten Tournament.
- The seven blocks are Mavunga are tied for seventh in a single game in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The 26 points and 21 rebounds for Mavunga are the first 20/20 game in tournament history.