March 4, 2010
Box Score |
- The win against the Wildcats improves the Wolverines' record to 9-15 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- This is Michigan's first win over Northwestern this year. They played two games in the regular season.
- Michigan improves to 3-2 as the No. 7 seed in Big Ten Tournament games. The No. 7 seed is now 14-2 all-time against the No. 10 seed.
- Michigan scored the first eight points of the game and held Northwestern scoreless for the first 4:06 of the game.
- Michigan extends their winning streak to three games and will take on in-state rival Michigan State Friday at 11:30 ET.
- Michigan led by as many as 26 points at the 18:12 mark of the second half.
- Sophomore Courtney Boylan came off the bench and led the Wolverines in scoring with a season-high 14 points.
- Five Wolverine players scored in double-figures (Boylan-14, Reynolds-13, Ryan-12, Hicks-12, Phillips-10)
- Freshman Jenny Ryan made her first five shots of the game and finished with 12 points for the game.
- The Wildcats finish the season 16-14 with the loss against Michigan. They won 9 more games this year than last season.
- The Wildcats' loss puts the all-time series with Michigan at 36-24, in favor of Northwestern.
- The Wildcats are now 3-16 all-time in Big Ten Tournament action.
- This is the fourth time in the last six years the Wildcats have been the No. 10 seed. They are now 1-6 overall in the No. 10 spot, with the lone victory coming in 2000 (68-59 vs. Iowa).
- Junior Amy Jaeschke led Northwestern with 17 points. She has 1,226 points for her career.
- Senior Kristin Cartwright ends her career with 932 points.
- Northwestern went on an 18-2 run in the second half to close the Wolverine lead to within 10 points.