March 4, 2011
Box Score |
- With the win Penn State advances to the semifinal round for the 11th time in tournament history and the first time since 2007.
- The victory snapped an 11-game losing streak against Purdue. Prior to today, PSU's last win over the Boilermakers came on Jan. 20, 2005.
- It is Penn State's second win over Purdue in five Big Ten Tournament meetings.
- Penn State is now 7-2 as the No. 2 seed.
- Freshman guard Maggie Lucas set the school single-season record for three-point shots with three today, giving her 105 this season. She needs two more to break the Big Ten single-season record of 106 (Caity Matter, Ohio State).
- Penn State shot 42.1 percent (8-19) from three-point range. Entering the game the Nittany Lions led the NCAA in three-point field goal percentage and now sit at 42.9 percent for the season (211-491).
- Head coach Coquese Washington is 2-3 in Big Ten Tournament games. This is her first win over a higher seeded team.
- The No. 2 seed is now 11-4 vs. the No. 7 seed in tournament play.
- Sophomore Nikki Green tallied her ninth double-digit rebounding game of the season, finishing with 13.
- It is the seventh time this year Penn State has come back from a halftime deficit to win.
- The Nittany Lions had three players score in double figures for the 27th time in 31 games.
- Penn State improved to 19-0 this season when leading with five minutes remaining.
- Penn State has scored 70 or more points in 11 of its 15 all-time wins over Purdue.
- Junior Drey Mingo scored 14 points in the game and averaged 17.5 ppg in tournament play.
- Junior Brittany Rayburn had five points in first 47 seconds and finished with 11, her 24th double-digit game of the season.
- Rayburn finished the tournament averaging 17.0 ppg.
- Freshman guard Courtney Moses reached the 100-assists mark for the season with her dish today. That ranks fifth on Purdue's freshman chart for assists.
- Moses also recorded her 18th double-digit scoring game this season with a team-high 17 points. It is the 11th time this season she has led the Boilermakers in scoring.
- Moses was a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line, the 14th time this year she has put up perfect numbers.
- Purdue's two Big Ten Tournament games had a total of 31 lead changes.
- Thirty-six percent (22 of 61) of Purdue's points today came in the paint.
- Purdue shot 79 percent (28-34) from the charity stripe for the tournament, above its season average of 77 percent.
- The Boilermakers were a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line in the second half.