March 4, 2011
- The Wolverines are now 9-17 all-time in tournament action.
- Michigan is now 4-3 this season in games decided by nine points or less.
- The Wolverines were led in scoring by sophomore Kate Thompson with 10 points off the bench. A bench player has scored in double figures in 14 of Michigan's 29 games this year.
- The Wolverines extended their three-point basket made streak to 157 games.
- Head coach Kevin Borseth is 2-4 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- Trailing 44-25 with 12:55 to play, the Wolverines rattled off a 21-10 run to bring the deficit down to eight points at 54-46 with less than two minutes to go.
- Michigan tallied 24 of its 47 points in the paint.
- The Wolverines put up 26 three-point attempts, the eighth time this year they have attempted 25 or more shots from long range.
- Sophomore Jenny Ryan tied her season high with four steals.
- Illinois is the first No. 11 seed to ever reach the semifinal round.
- Illinois has not trailed in the tournament.
- In two tournament games, Illinois has outscored its opponents 38-12 over the first seven minutes of play.
- Both tournament victories have come against teams that swept the Illini during the Big Ten regular season.
- Illinois led 37-16 at the half, its largest halftime lead of the season. The Illini shot 52 percent (15-29) in the first half.
- The 16 points marks the fewest allowed in a half by the Illini this year.
- The win snaps a five-game losing streak against Michigan.
- This is the program's sixth appearance in semifinals and second under head coach Jolette Law. She is 7-3 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- This is the fourth time in last five games the Illini have scored 30 or more points in the first half. The team entered the tournament ranked 10th in the conference in scoring average.
- Illinois leads the series with Michigan, 39-25
- Five different Illini have scored in double figures in the tournament.
- Sophomore Karisma Penn finished with a team-high 19 points and added her 12th double-double of the year with 10 rebounds.
- Sophomore Adrienne GodBold contributed 10 points off the bench, shooting 71 percent (5-7) from the field.
- Freshman Centrese McGee is shooting 64 percent (7-11) from the field in the tournament, including a 1-of-2 effort today.