March 5, 2010
Box Score |
- The win against the Boilermakers improves the Badgers' record to 9-15 in Big Ten Tournament games.
- Wisconsin opened the game on a 15-2 run and never gave up the lead.
- The Badgers shot 52.9 percent from the field in the first half and led the game, 41-26, at the break.
- The Badgers had four players score in double-figures (Alyssa Karel-14, Rae Lin D'Alie-13 Lin Zastrow-10, Tara Steinbauer-10).
- Junior guard Alyssa Karel broke into the 1,000-career points club with her three-pointer at the 12:30 mark of the second half. She is the 20th Wisconsin player to reach the milestone.
- Senior guard Rae Lin D'Alie played in a school-record 130th consecutive game for Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin held a 34-20 advantage in points in the paint.
- Wisconsin advances to play No. 1 Ohio State on Saturday.
- The Boilermakers drop to 14-16 overall with the loss against Wisconsin.
- With the loss the Boilermakers finish below .500 for the first time since the 1984-85 season.
- Purdue holds a 30-9 mark in Big Ten Tournament games. The record is the best in the conference.
- Purdue now holds a 43-15 advantage in the all-time series against Wisconsin.
- The Boilermakers will not play in the championship game of Big Ten Tournament for the first time in five years.
- Senior FahKara Malone led Purdue with 11 points. She finishes her Big Ten Tournament career with a 9-2 record.
- Purdue had 23 points off the bench.