March 6, 2014
- Ohio State improves to a perfect 5-0 when playing in the 8/9 game.
- Head Coach Kevin McGuff is 18-7 in conference tournament games (15-5, Xavier; 2-2, Washington; 1-0, Ohio State)
- The Buckeyes have won 23 of last 25 meetings with Northwestern and lead the all-time series 41-17
- They are 87-9 since the start of the 2009-10 season when scoring 70 or more points, including 11-2 this season.
- Ohio State held NU without a field goal for the first five minutes of the game.
- After Northwestern tied the game at 19-19 with 8:46 to play, the Buckeyes went on a 16-4 run to take 35-23 lead with 5:06 to go.
- Today marked the sixth time this year OSU attempted 20 or more three-point baskets, finishing with 25 attempts. That ranks tied for seventh on the Big Ten Tournament single game list.
- This is just the fifth OSU win this year when trailing at the half (5-16).
- Ohio State finished the game 19-of-20 (95 percent) from the free throw line. It is the seventh time this season they have shot 80 percent or better from the charity stripe.
- That ranks fifth on the Big Ten Tournament single-game free throw percentage list.
- Senior F Martina Ellerbe tallied a career-high 13 rebounds in the game. Ellerbe also finished with 16 points for her second career double-double.
- Sophomore G Ameryst Alston's 30 points led the Buckeyes, her 11th 20+-point game this season. She is averaging 24.0 ppg in her last five outings.
- Senior F Darryce Moore had 19 points and 10 rebounds, her fourth double-double this season.
- Freshman F Nia Coffey finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds, her eighth double-double this season.
- Sophomore G Maggie Lyon had a team-high 23 points, including a perfect 8-for-8 at the free throw line.
- The Wildcats held Ohio State scoreless over the final 5:05 of the game to take a 39-35 lead into halftime. Northwestern ended the half on a 16-0 run during that span.
- Northwestern shot 91.7 percent (11-12) from the free throw line in the first half. The Buckeyes and Wildcats combined to go 15-of-16 from the charity stripe in the half.
- NU finished the game 15-of-18 from the free throw line (83.3 percent).
- The Wildcats' bench contributed 26 of the team's 77 points, led by 15 points from sophomore F Lauren Douglas.
- Northwestern also attempted 25 three-point baskets in the game to tie for seventh on the Big Ten Tournament single-game list.
- Junior G Karly Roser had a game-high six assists. That is also a season high for Roser.