March 6, 2014
Box Score |
- Michigan improves to 6-0 in first-round games as the No. 7 seed. This is its third-straight first-round victory.
- Freshman guard Siera Thompson has hit a three pointer in all 30 games this season. She was 1-of-5 from three-point range tonight.
- Junior forward Cyesha Goree moved into second on the Michigan single-season rebounding list with 11 tonight and 287 for the season. She also added 18 points for her 12th double-double this season.
- Junior Nicole Elmblad recorded her seventh double-double this year with 15 points and 11 rebounds. She also set a new career high with three blocked shots.
- Trailing 7-2, Michigan went on a 30-8 run to take a 32-15 lead with 5:33 to play in the first half.
- This was the sixth time this season Michigan topped the 40-point mark in the first half (43). It is 6-0 in those games.
- Tonight marked the fifth time this season the Wolverines have shot 50 percent or better from the field in both halves. They were 16-of-32 in the first half and 15-of-30 in the second half.
- Michigan turned 14 Indiana turnovers into 24 points. It is the fifth time this year they have scored 20 or more points off opponents' turnovers.
- Michigan finished with five players in double figures with Goree (18), Elmblad (15), Thompson (10), sophomore guard Madison Ristovski (12) and junior guard Shannon Smith (16). It is the second time this season five players have reached double digits in a game.
- The Hoosiers moved up to tied for fifth on the Big Ten single-season list for three-point field goals made with five tonight and 228 for the season.
- Twelve of Indiana's first 15 points came in the paint. They finished with 32 of their 57 points coming in the paint.
- Freshman guard Alexis Gassion finished with 12 points, her 10th double-digit score effort this season and third in the last four games.
- Gassion also recorded three blocked shots, just one off her career best.
- Indiana finished with a game-high five steals, giving it five or more steals in 21 of 30 games this year, including each of the last four games.
- Freshman guard Larryn Brooks had a game-high six assists, the 24th time this season she has led the Hoosiers in assists.
- The Hoosier bench contributed 20 of the team's 57 points, led by eight each from freshman C Jenn Anderson and senior forward Milika Taufa.
- Every Hoosier who dressed for tonight's game saw tournament action.