March 6, 2014
SESSION 2 NOTE
- Attendance for session two is 6,124. The combined sessions one and two attendance is 11,194.
- This is the first time since 2005 a first-round game has gone to overtime and is just the third first-round OT game in tournament history.
- Minnesota has won five straight vs. Wisconsin, including three victories this season.
- Junior guard Rachel Banham scored a team-high 22 points and has 20 games of 20 or more points this season.
- Banham now sits alone in second for Minnesota career double-digit scoring games with 91.
- Trailing by 16 (44-28) with 15:11 to play, the Gophers outscored the Badgers 33-17 to tie the game at 61-61 with 55 seconds left in regulation on a three-point basket from Banham.
- Banham was 3-of-18 from the field before her game-tying field goal.
- Minnesota's first lead of the game came at 63-61 with 4:12 to play in overtime.
- Freshman center Amanda Zahui B. finished with 19 rebounds, making her the top rebounder in all games today. Her 19 rebounds ties the Big Ten Tournament single-game record and her career best.
- Zahui B. also had six blocked shots, which ties the Big Ten Tournament single-game record.
- Zahui B. is averaging 18.6 rebounds per game in her last three games. She also added 12 points for her 15th double-double this season.
- The Gophers picked up their first overtime win this season (1-3).
- This is Minnesota's largest second-half comeback this season and the second time it has back from 10+ points down at the half to win (trailed 31-18 vs. North Dakota; won 46-44).
- The No. 6 seed is now 16-4 vs. the No. 11 seed.
- Minnesota has its first 20-win season since 2008-09.
- Senior guard Taylor Wurtz tallied 13 points has scored 10 or more points in her last nine games.
- Wurtz saw 43 minutes of action tonight marking the seventh time this season she has played 40 or more minutes in a game.
- Junior Michala Johnson led the Badgers with 19 points and 10 rebounds, her 22nd double-digit scoring game this season and seventh double-double.
- Senior guard Morgan Paige added 16 points and five assists.
- Wisconsin pulled down 38 rebounds, giving it 35 or more rebounds in 16 contests this season.
- The Badgers were 2-3 in overtime games this season.
- Wisconsin's 68 points marks the 12th time in 17 games against Big Ten competition it has scored 60 or more points.
- Wisconsin and Minnesota made a combined 15 trips to the free throw line in regulation, with the Badgers going 4-of-7 and the Gophers 6-of-8.