March 7, 2013
- Sophomore guard Ivory Crawford led Illinois with 14 points, her 20th double-digit effort this year and fourth in the last five games.
- Illinois forced 14 first-half turnovers and held the Badgers without a field goal for the final 7:25 of the first half. In all the Illini forced 25 turnovers today, resulting in 26 points.
- Trailing 54-44 with 5:59 to play, the Illini went on a 13-0 run to take a 57-54 lead with 42 seconds remaining.
- Illinois did not allow a Wisconsin field goal over the final 5:59 of the game.
- Senior guard Adrienne GodBold tallied 12 points and led the Illini with eight rebounds, the seventh time this year she had led the team in rebounding.
- Junior guard Amber Moore had 13 points, her first double-digit outing since Minnesota on Feb. 10.
- The Illini tallied 11 steals in the game, the sixth-straight game they have totaled 10 or more steals.
- The Badgers were 21-for-21 from the free throw line, tying a Big Ten Tournament record for free throw percentage. It is the most free throws made by a team that finished at 1.000 percent. It is also a new Wisconsin record for most free throws made when finishing perfect from the charity stripe.
- Wisconsin has held its last six opponents to 60 or fewer points.
- This is just the third win away from home for Wisconsin this season.
- Wisconsin is now 10-18 in Big Ten Tournament play.
- Junior forward Cassie Rochel finished with 13 rebounds and has hit double figures in rebounds in each of the last seven games. She also added 10 points for her sixth double-double this year.
- Rochel leads the Big Ten in blocked shots with 77, including three today.
- Junior guard Morgan Paige was a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line, finishing with a team-high 18 points. It is the second time in her career she has been perfect at the line with 10 or more attempts (11-for-11 vs. Illinois; 2012).
- Trailing by 10 at the half, Wisconsin opened the second half with an 20-6 run to take a 40-36 lead with 10:56 play. Stephen and Paige had five points each during the run to lead the Badgers.
- Sophomore forward Jacki Gulczynski finished with 15 points, giving her double figures in 22 of the last 23 games.
- Today's win snaps a two-game losing streak against the Illini, having lost both Big Ten regular-season meetings this year.
- Wisconsin improved to 9-5 on the season when out-rebounding its opponent.
- For the first time since 2005 a first-round game was decided by two points or less. The Badgers beat Indiana 75-74 in double overtime in 2005.
- This is just the fourth time in 19 meetings that the No. 11 seed has beaten the No. 6 seed.