March 7, 2013
- Sophomore guard Rachel Banham was 5-of-7 from the field, including 4-of-5 from three-point range, in the first half to lead all scorers with 14 points. She finished the game with a team-best 20 points. Banham has scored in double figures in 30 of 31 games this year and in 63 of 67 career games.
- Seven different players put points on the board for the Golden Gophers.
- Junior forward Micaëlla Riché tied her career high with 15 rebounds.
- The Golden Gophers out-rebounded the Buckeyes by a 44-41 margin. It is the 16th time this season they have out-rebounded an opponent, including all three meetings with Ohio State.
- The Golden Gophers' eight trips to the free throw line was a season low.
- Minnesota is now 4-9 in Big Ten Tournament first-round games.
- Minnesota held Ohio State to 23.1 percent shooting (3-of-13) from three-point range, the 13th time this year an opponent has shot under 25 percent from three-point range. In three meetings this year, the Golden Gophers held the Buckeyes to 17.7 percent (8-of-45) from behind the arc.
- Tonight marked the first-ever first-round game for Ohio State in Jim Foster's 11 years as head coach.
- Foster tallied his 20th Big Ten Tournament victory, joining former Penn State coach Rene Portland as the only women's coaches to reach 20 tournament wins.
- The Buckeyes are 31-14 in Big Ten Tournament games and 8-0 in first-round action.
- After going 1-7 in January, Ohio State is 7-2 in its last nine games. The Buckeyes have held opponents to 60 points or less in all nine games.
- Senior guard Tayler Hill has scored in double figures in 63 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the Big Ten. She finished tonight with a game-high 25 points. It is the third-straight game and 19th-time this season she has hit the 20-point mark.
- Hill (25) and junior center Ashley Adams (14) accounted for 39 of Ohio State's 58 points (67.2 percent).
- Adams was an efficient 87.5 percent (7-of-8) from the field, adding eight rebounds and four blocks to her stat line in 36 minutes of play.
- Trailing 25-16 with 4:07 to play in the first half, the Buckeyes ended the half on an 8-0 run to go into the locker room down by just one. That run stretched to 27-4 in the second half as Ohio State built a 43-29 lead with 10:36 remaining.
- Freshman guard Ameryst Alston tallied a career-high 10 rebounds
- The Buckeyes are 4-1 against Minnesota in Big Ten Tournament play.
- This was the fourth time this season the Buckeyes have held an opponent under 50 points (Cincinnati, Lafayette, Indiana).
- Ohio State finished with just 10 turnovers, the fourth time this year they have limited their giveaways to 10 or fewer.