March 7, 2014
- Ohio State (99) and Penn State (82) combined for the most points in Big Ten Tournament history.
- Ohio State's 99 points is the most scored in Big Ten Tournament history. Ohio State's 58 first-half points is also a Big Ten Tournament record.
- Ohio State's 62.1 field goal percentage (36-58) is a new Big Ten Tournament record.
- Senior guard Ariel Edwards finished with a career-high 29 points, along with 10 rebounds. It is her fifth career double-double. Her 11 free throws made and 15 attempts are also new career marks.
- Senior guard Maggie Lucas finished with 21 points, her 16th 20-point game this season and the fifth time in the last seven games she has topped 20 points.
- With a pair of three-point baskets today, Lucas broke the Big Ten record for career three-pointers. She now has 358, breaking the old mark of 356 set by PSU's Kelly Mazzante (2001-04).
- Senior Talia East surpassed 500 career rebounds with four today. She now has 502 for her career.
- Down 75-50 with just under 12 minutes to play, a 27-11 run by the Lady Lions brought them to within single digits at 86-77.
- It is the ninth time this season Penn State has topped the 80-point mark and the seventh time in Big Ten Tournament action.
- Today's win snaps a five-game losing streak against the Lady Lions. Prior to today OSU's last win in the series came in the 2011 Big Ten Tournament title game, 84-70.
- Ohio State advances to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals for the first time since 2012 and the 14th time overall.
- Ohio State's win over No. 11/12 Penn State is its third win over a top-25 team this season (No. 17 Purdue, No. 22 Indiana).
- Sophomore guard Ameryst Alston finished with 33 points and is averaging 31.5 ppg in two Big Ten Tournament games. The 33 points is a career high and her 80 percent (12-of-15) field goal percentage ranks fourth on the Big Ten Tournament single-game list.
- Sophomore G Cait Craft finished with 24 points. It is her second 20+-point game this season.
- Alston (5-for-6) and Craft (4-for-5) combined to shoot 81.8 percent from behind the three-point arc in the first half. Nine of Ohio State's first 13 field goals came from three-point range.
- Ohio State finished with 10 three-point baskets, which is tied for fifth on the Big Ten Tournament single game list.
- The Buckeyes tied their season best with 23 assists, led by nine from Alston.
- With the game tied at 16-all with 14:02 to play in the first half, Ohio State outscored the Lady Lions 42-18 for the remainder of the half.