March 7, 2014
SESSION 3 NOTE
- Attendance was 5,903.
- Senior guard Courtney Moses had a team-high 24 points, including a trio of three pointers. That leaves her two shy of the school career record of 238.
- Moses went 7-of-7 at the free throw line, the fourth time this year she has been perfect with five or more attempts.
- Junior forward Whitney Bays had her sixth-straight double digit rebounding game with 10. She also finished with 14 points for her sixth career double-double.
- Junior forward Liza Clemons was 5-of-6 from the field with 10 points in the first half and finished 7-of-9 with 14 points and eight rebounds.
- Purdue made 13-of-15 free throw attempts (86.7 percent), marking the 10th time this season it has shot 85 percent or better from the charity stripe.
- Today was just the fifth time in 19 games this season that Purdue has lost after leading at the half. The Boilermakers are 15-15 all time in games decided by seven points.
- It is just the 12th time in 234 games Purdue has lost when scoring 80 or more points.
- Iowa makes its first trip to the Big Ten Tournament semifinals since 2010.
- Head Coach Lisa Bluder improves to 13-12 in Big Ten Tournament games, making her one of three active coaches with a winning tournament record.
- For the fifth time this year, all five Iowa starters scored in double figures with guards Theairra Taylor (17), Melissa Dixon (18), Samantha Logic (12), guard/forward Ally Disterhoft (12) and center Bethany Doolittle (16).
- This is the 31st-straight game Iowa has had three or more players score in double figures.
- Logic recorded a double-double with 11 assists to go along with her 12 points. She has tallied 22 assists in her last two meetings with Purdue.
- Iowa is averaging 84.0 ppg in tournament play.
- The Hawkeyes have won four of their last five meetings with Purdue.
- This is the third time this season Iowa has come back from a halftime deficit to win (3-6).
- The Hawkeyes finished with 32 points off turnovers and 46 points in the paint. It is the sixth time this year they have tallied 40 or more points in the paint.
- Iowa was 22-of-24 at the free throw line (91.7 percent).
- The Hawkeyes finished with 18 assists against 11 turnovers.
- There were nine ties and 13 lead changes in the game.