March 8, 2013
Box Score |
- The Lady Lions have won three in a row vs. Ohio State, averaging 77.0 points per meeting.
- Penn State is now 13-3 in the quarterfinal round and 10-4 in Big Ten Tournament as the No. 1 seed.
- The Lady Lions improve to 5-5 in Big Ten Tournament games under head coach Coquese Washington.
- This is the fourth-straight year Penn State has scored 70 or more points in its quarterfinal game.
- Tied at 39 with 17 minutes to play, the Lady Lions broke the game open with a 21-6 run for a 60-45 lead with just under 10 minutes remaining.
- Senior forward Nikki Greene scored 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting. She now has 1,101 points, 965 rebounds and 212 blocks for her career. She is the only player in Penn State history with 1,000 points, 900 rebounds and 200 blocks.
- With four assists tonight, senior guard Alex Bentley moved up to seventh on the Penn State career list with 560.
- Bentley also had 18 points in the win, her ninth-straight double digit game.
- Junior guard Maggie Lucas climbed to eighth on the Penn State single-season scoring list with 19 points tonight, giving her 594 in 2012-13.
- The Lady Lions shot 62.5 percent (11-of-26) from the field in the second half and shot 54.5 percent (6-of-11) from three-point range in the game.
- Senior guard Tayler Hill tallied a game-high 23 points to extend her streak to 64-straight double digit scoring efforts, longest streak in the Big Ten and fourth longest in NCAA Division I.
- Hill's 23 points gives her 2,015 for her career, becoming the fifth player in OSU history to reach the 2,000-point plateau. She sits alone in fourth on the Buckeyes' career scoring list.
- Hill is the second Buckeye (Samantha Prahalis) to record 2,000 points, 300 assists (346) and 200 steals (240).
- Junior center Ashley Adams was 6-of-10 from the field for 13 points tonight. She is shooting 68.0 percent (34-50) from the field in last five games with 72 points, 34 rebounds and 13 blocked shots.
- Senior guard Amber Stokes tied her career best with five steals tonight.
- Sophomore Raven Ferguson pulled down a career-best nine rebounds
- Four of five Ohio State starters played all 20 minutes in the first half, with Hill playing 18 of 20 minutes. Head coach Jim Foster did not go to his bench until the final two minutes of the half. All five starters played at least 36 minutes.
- All 66 points came from the Buckeyes' starting five.
- For the first time since 2008 Ohio State will not make an appearance in the semifinal round