March 9, 2013
Box Score |
- In six career Big Ten Tournament games, junior forward Jordan Hooper has tallied 115 points for an average of 19.1 ppg.
- Senior guard Lindsey Moore led all scorers with 22 points and averaged 22.0 points per game and eight assists per game in two meetings with Purdue this year.
- With her eight assists today, Moore climbs to No. 6 on Nebraska's single season list with 172.
- Moore played all 40 minutes this afternoon, the fifth time this year she has seen 40 or more minutes of action in a game.
- Hooper had a trio of three-point baskets in the game, moving her to fifth on the Cornhuskers' single season list (74).
- Sophomore forward Emily Cady pulled down eight rebounds today, the eighth-straight game she has tallied eight or more rebounds. Cady averaged eight rebounds per game in this year's Big Ten Tournament.
- For the 17th time this season, Nebraska put up 20 or more shot attempts from behind the three-point arc.
- Purdue is 3-1 vs. Nebraska having won three straight in the series, including last year's 74-70 double overtime victory in the 2012 Big Ten Tournament championship game. This is the first meeting between the two schools that did not require overtime.
- Head coach Sharon Versyp is making her fifth appearance in the Big Ten Tournament title game.
- The Boilermakers are 13-1 in semifinal games. All five times they have been the No. 3 seed they have advanced to the title game.
- Senior forward Sam Ostarello led the way with 18 points and averaged 17.5 points per game and 14.0 rebounds per game in two meetings with the Cornhuskers this season.
- With nine rebounds tonight, Ostarello moved to third on the Purdue single season list with 307.
- Purdue had four players in double figures for the 12th time this year (Ostarello-18; Courtney Moses-16; KK Houser-13; Taylor Manuel-11). All five Boilermaker starters had put points on the board by the first media timeout.
- In addition to her 13 points, junior guard KK Houser's stat line included eight rebounds, five assists and a career-tying six steals.
- The six steals ties Houser for eighth on the Big Ten Tournament single-game list.
- Trailing 21-20, Purdue used a 22-10 run to take a 42-31 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Boilermakers came out in the second half and rattled off a 17-10 run to take their largest lead of the game at 59-41 with 14 minutes remaining.
- The Boilermakers had 17 points off 14 Nebraska turnovers.
- Coming off the bench for Purdue, freshman center Taylor Manuel is averaging 10.0 ppg in tournament play.