March 15, 2014
2014 NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships Come To A Close
The Big Ten recorded nine top eight finishes on the final day of the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships. Three student-athletes took home fifth-place efforts, including Michigan State's Tori Franklin in the triple jump (13.17 meters), Purdue's Dani Bunch in the shot put (16.97 meters) and Wisconsin's Deanna Latham in the pentathlon (4252). Penn State's Brittney Howell also placed in the pentathlon, coming in at seventh with 4202 points. The Nittany Lion 4x400-meter relay team of Dynasty McGee, Mahagony Jones, Tichina Rhodes and Kiah Seymour also finished in fifth, running a time of 3:33.13. Seymour placed sixth in the 400-meter fun (52.85), while Michigan's Cindy Ofili also recorded a sixth-place finish, clocking a time of 8.07 in the 60-meter hurdles. Michigan State's Leah O'Connor and Minnesota's Alena Brooks each posted seventh-place efforts in the mile run (4:40.86) and 800-meter run (2:08.31), respectively.
Day 2 Of The 2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships Are Now Underway
Day 2 of the 2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships are now underway in Albuqueque, N.M. The full schedule of events can be found above.
Six Take Home Top-Eight Finishes at Day 1 of NCAA Championships
Six Big Ten student-athletes placed in the top eight of their respective events at the 2014 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships in Albuqueque, N.M. Penn State's Mahagony Jones and Purdue's Dani Bunch posted third-place efforts in the 200-meter dash (22.93) and weight throw (21.81 meters), respectively, while Michigan's distance medley relay squad of Jaimie Phelan, Maya Long, Danielle Pfeifer and Brook Handler took fifth (11:14.60).
The 2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships Are Now Underway
The 2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships are now underway in Albuqueque, N.M. The full schedule of events can be found above.
2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships Set To Begin Tomorrow
The 2014 NCAA Women's Indoor Track & Field Championships are set to begin tomorrow. The event will be held Friday and Saturday in Albuquerque, N.M. A list of Big Ten women's qualifiers, complete with seed and qualifying time, can be found below.
9. Mahagony Jones, PSU (7.26)
11. Ashlee Abraham, OSU (7.29)
14. Chesna Sykes, OSU (7.30)
6. Mahagony Jones, PSU (23.10)
9. Kiah Seymour, PSU (52.53)
8. Alena Brooks, MINN (2:04.90)
3. Leah O'Connor, MSU (4:34.35)
11. Rachele Schulist, MSU (9:06.85)
11. Erin Finn, MICH (15:52.11)
5. Cindy Ofili, MICH (8.08)
8. Evonne Britton, PSU (8.10)
6. PSU (3:34.22) - Dynasty McGee, Kiah Seymour, Tichina Rhodes, Mahagony Jones
Distance Medley Relay
7. MICH (11:00.02) - Jaimie Phelan, Maya Long, Danielle Pfeifer, Brook Handler
13. Kandie Bloch-Jones, ILL (1.82m)
16. Kiley Tobel, MICH (4.25m)
3. Tori Franklin, MSU (13.56m)
14. Cierra Brown, PUR (13.00m)
4. Dani Bunch, PUR (17.19m)
6. Kyla Buckley, IND (17.17m)
3. Dani Bunch, PUR (22.35m)
5. Deanna Latham, WIS (4176)
14. Brittany Howell, PSU (4061)
15. Jess Herauf, MINN (4054)