• Maryland earned the No. 1 seed in this week's Big Ten Tournament after securing the outright Big Ten Championship. The Terrapins and second-seeded Penn State earned byes in the quarterfinals, and will begin play in Friday's tournament semifinals.
• The 2016 All-Big Ten team was released on Wednesday, with Maryland and Penn State each earning a conference-high six selections. All of the Terrapins' honorees were unanimous selections to the All-Big Ten team. The complete list of All-Conference honorees is included on page three of this release.
• Penn State won the inaugural Big Ten Tournament last season. The Nittany Lions' Abby Smucker was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.
• Seven Big Ten students named to the 2015 Big Ten All-Tournament team will suit up for their respective teams again this week: Maryland's Megan Whittle, Michigan's Anna Schueler, Northwestern's Kaleigh Craig, Ohio State's Cian Dabrowski and Penn State's Jenna Mosketti, Emi Smith and Abby Smucker.
• Four Big Ten teams currently rank among the top 26 of the NCAA RPI, which was released on Tuesday: No. 1 Maryland leads the way, followed by No. 10 Penn State, No. 13 Northwestern and No. 26 Ohio State.
• In conference games only, Northwestern's Selena Lasota led the Big Ten with 3.60 goals per contest, while Penn State's Steph Lazo paced the conference with 4.80 points and 2.40 assists per outing. Maryland's Taylor Cummings led the Big Ten with 3.40 ground balls, 2.00 caused turnovers and 8.60 draw controls per game, while the Nittany Lions' Emi Smith paced the conference with 8.60 saves per contest in conference games only.